Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2024, 05:30 AM   #1

security light

On my firefly panel it has a "Security light" I turn it on and off but see nothing lighting up. Am I missing something or is it not working. I have an outside light on the rear drivers side above the water/electrical connections, but that doesn't not turn on with the switch. Only if I manually press the switch on the light itself.
Old 05-24-2024, 08:27 AM   #2

Yeah, normally that is a light on the outside somewhere. Contact JAYCO customer support and ask them what that is suppose to control on your year model.
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 09:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topperace View Post
Yeah, normally that is a light on the outside somewhere. Contact JAYCO customer support and ask them what that is suppose to control on your year model.
I did that after I posted this. That said, on the manual they gave me does not show that particular option. I think it may be on other models and should be on my particular screen.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:41 AM   #4

Ah, yeah. Several features are included in our MH that are not enabled.
They were upgrading panels and switches/features for future releases that were not completed until the next years release, or same panel was used for different models and not all models have all the features.
I have wire bundles dangling in many places in compartments that were part of the standard wiring harness/layout, but those features were not included in our model.
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 04:32 PM   #5

Here's what I got from Jayco. Not much but at least they did reply (quickly) and included a manual in PDF form as I requested.

"Good Afternoon,

I apologize I am not familiar with that security light that you are getting on the firefly. I have attached the manual we have for the firefly system"
Old 05-25-2024, 12:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schielc View Post
On my firefly panel it has a "Security light" I turn it on and off but see nothing lighting up. Am I missing something or is it not working. I have an outside light on the rear drivers side above the water/electrical connections, but that doesn't not turn on with the switch. Only if I manually press the switch on the light itself.
schielc , this light is located on the rear of the wardrobe cabinet in the rear bathroom, I open the rear doors and outdoor shower after long days of hiking .
Kell
KellyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 02:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyC View Post
schielc , this light is located on the rear of the wardrobe cabinet in the rear bathroom, I open the rear doors and outdoor shower after long days of hiking .
Kell
And you are the winner 🏆
I did not catch that since the rear manual switch was in the off.position. once I flipped it then went to the firefly panel I was able to turn it on. I would guess that it's a newer option due to my manual and the new one sent me did not even show it.
Again thanks!