Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2023, 10:36 PM   #1

Sold the Jayco Terrain *Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY A TERRAIN*

We sold our Terrain after a year of constant issues. We had 10,000 miles on it when we sold it but half of those miles were driving back and forth getting warranty work done on it.

If you look back through all my old posts you'll see all of the issues we have had with this van. This has been the absolute worst purchase we have ever made. I rarely have buyers remorse over anything I've ever bought. But this thing has been a nightmare from the day that I bought it. I ended up having to drive it over 1800 miles back to Lake Michigan just to get some of the warranty work and it still wasn't fixed. There was just something always wrong with it. The dealerships (no matter which one you go to) is always two months out. I've figured out that dealerships are more than happy to sell you one but getting it serviced? It is always 2 months out. And the vast majority of dealers don't even want to work on it.

The stress of dealing with it just became too much and I just said no more and sold it back. The entire time we had it we only got to use it twice for recreational purposes. Every other time I ever slept in it other than those two times? Was driving it to have warranty work done on it.

You can take my advice or not. But DO NOT BUY A JAYCO TERRAIN. Worst experience I've every had.
RearViewMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 06:37 AM   #2

It seems like it was a nightmare of easy to fix design issues and the inexperience of the build staff. Hopefully Jayco has those resolved for future buyers. Bummer you had to be one of their crash test victims.
Old 11-24-2023, 08:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
It seems like it was a nightmare of easy to fix design issues and the inexperience of the build staff. Hopefully Jayco has those resolved for future buyers. Bummer you had to be one of their crash test victims.
I hope so. But I don't think that is the case. Jayco is late to the game when it comes to Sprinter Van conversions. Winnebago was one of the first to jump in the game and although I'm sure there are some issues with their vans, It is nothing like Jayco.

I had to travel up to the factory just to get warranty work done on it. 1800 miles away when the dealership I bought it from was literally 2 miles away. To give an example of how incompetent Jayco is with these vans, no one at the dealership that I bought it from knew anything about it. So I didn't get a walkthrough when we went to pick it up. Jayco flew a rep down a week or so later and this guy shouldn't even have a job he was so incompentent. He couldn't answer any question I had on the coach.

That's when the problems started. Warranty issues after warranty isssues. And the dealer wouldn't touch it. Every dealer I've ever been to has always said the same thing, "2 months out, we are full". That is code for they don't want to work on your coach and hopfully you will just move on.

Luckily I was able to get ahold of the person over Jayco National Service and she was great. But... I had to drive the van 1800 miles and spend over a week there while they fixed all the warranty issues I had. But even after that? It was still broken. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, worked right in the coach. Every morning I would walk out and wonder "What's going to be wrong today". And inevitably something would be fouled up.

I'd like to say it was just my coach but it's not. While I was at the factory for the week, there were many coaches that were well over $500,000 with all kinds of issues. And the problem was, this wasn't their first time there. Some had made the trip many times only for the problems to not be resolved.

My advice? Steer as far away from Jayco as you possibly can. And Jayco isn't the only manufacturer that has issues. I hear Tiffin and Newmar quality has suffered during the last few years.

This was supposed to be the vehicle that allowed my wife and I to travel the West. The only places we traveled was to dealerships trying to get warranty work done.

It's your choice. But I would steer as far away from a Terrain as possible. Eventually you will regret it.
Old 11-24-2023, 08:35 AM   #4

My advise? Purchase a van directly from Mercedes Benz and then have that van sent to a reputable builder such as Titan Vans out of Boulder CO. to build it. Then you will know you have a van that should give you very little trouble.

All it takes is one look behind the cover where the battery, solar charger, and inverter sits in the Jayco to understand that they just throw these things together with a full spiderweb of wires with no way to figure out what the issue is. Horrible design.

We bought the van because it had the 48v 10.5kw Lithium Ion battery so we could run the A/C if needed all night. You can't do that in a Revel. But when it never works? What's the use?
Old 11-24-2023, 12:04 PM   #5

Sorry to hear your troubles. I own a Entegra Launch which is the same thing as Jayco Terrain with different badging. Have driven it more that 10K miles. Here are my thoughts. In summery WE ARE LOVING IT.
I agree that Jayco's build quality is not the best out there. But they have selected in my opinion a good combination of parts and features to go beyond any built out van in the market. Especially the Revel. For the price they are selling it is a bargain. Even the Sprinter van itself is loaded with options.
We considered buying a van and building it ourselves. If you have time this may be a good option but not for us. Even if you put in a Adventure wagon kit price will come close to a built out van like the Terrain. If you hire a someone else expect to pay way more than the price of a Jayco Terrain for similarly optioned van. I don't even know how you can get a loan on a custom built van. You may be able to pay it cash but think about when you want to sell it there will be few buyers willing to pay cash.
We love the experience with the 10KWh battery system. Yes we had issues with it initially (please search my posts if interested) but once they were figured out and as we learn the system it turned out to be the best system we owned. I have installed Victron as well as Renogy systems myself in my previous travel trailers and had no issues any of them although I prefer Victron because of how well their systems are integrated together. We only use about half of that capacity daily and charge it to around 95% while driving. I installed a switch to turn ON/OFF alternator charging. Without this when the 12V is ON it keeps charging until it reaches 100%. This switch is very handy where you can turn ON charging just for a hour or two. Or you may not need to charge at all if your destination has shore power. 200W solar in my opinion is useless for this setup. I plan to remove half of it and install a cargo box on roof.
I have installed lot of upgrades so far including Van Compass suspension kit and quite a few Owl and Agile Off Road products. So far loving all of those. Will add more details as I have time.
My dealer service is only 30 miles away. It took only 1 trip to the dealer for me to realize their capabilities. After that I learned the van and did all things my self. I had a Lance trailer before this. and a Air Stream trailer before that. Both are well reputed for good quality. All of them had problems. From pinched propane hoses to water leaks to electrical issues. What separate them apart was the outer shell construction and the other materials used throughout.
My advice, if you are not willing to or don't have enough patience to learn about your RV and tinker it yourself, expect to waste a ton of time with the dealer service department. If you do your own electrical, plumbing and general home repairs RV is a good fit for you. Problem I have seen so far is that people buying RVs specially motor homes and expecting quality of a motor vehicle. If you take two motor vehicles of same brand and same model they are identical (say 99.99%). Not the case with RVs. Yours comes with a different set of problems than mine. After all RV is a house on wheels.
I would never advice anyone to buy or not to buy a Jayco Terrain or any other RV. You decide what what you are capable of!
sid14184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 01:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid14184 View Post
Sorry to hear your troubles. I own a Entegra Launch which is the same thing as Jayco Terrain with different badging. Have driven it more that 10K miles. Here are my thoughts. In summery WE ARE LOVING IT.
I agree that Jayco's build quality is not the best out there. But they have selected in my opinion a good combination of parts and features to go beyond any built out van in the market. Especially the Revel. For the price they are selling it is a bargain. Even the Sprinter van itself is loaded with options.
We considered buying a van and building it ourselves. If you have time this may be a good option but not for us. Even if you put in a Adventure wagon kit price will come close to a built out van like the Terrain. If you hire a someone else expect to pay way more than the price of a Jayco Terrain for similarly optioned van. I don't even know how you can get a loan on a custom built van. You may be able to pay it cash but think about when you want to sell it there will be few buyers willing to pay cash.
We love the experience with the 10KWh battery system. Yes we had issues with it initially (please search my posts if interested) but once they were figured out and as we learn the system it turned out to be the best system we owned. I have installed Victron as well as Renogy systems myself in my previous travel trailers and had no issues any of them although I prefer Victron because of how well their systems are integrated together. We only use about half of that capacity daily and charge it to around 95% while driving. I installed a switch to turn ON/OFF alternator charging. Without this when the 12V is ON it keeps charging until it reaches 100%. This switch is very handy where you can turn ON charging just for a hour or two. Or you may not need to charge at all if your destination has shore power. 200W solar in my opinion is useless for this setup. I plan to remove half of it and install a cargo box on roof.
I have installed lot of upgrades so far including Van Compass suspension kit and quite a few Owl and Agile Off Road products. So far loving all of those. Will add more details as I have time.
My dealer service is only 30 miles away. It took only 1 trip to the dealer for me to realize their capabilities. After that I learned the van and did all things my self. I had a Lance trailer before this. and a Air Stream trailer before that. Both are well reputed for good quality. All of them had problems. From pinched propane hoses to water leaks to electrical issues. What separate them apart was the outer shell construction and the other materials used throughout.
My advice, if you are not willing to or don't have enough patience to learn about your RV and tinker it yourself, expect to waste a ton of time with the dealer service department. If you do your own electrical, plumbing and general home repairs RV is a good fit for you. Problem I have seen so far is that people buying RVs specially motor homes and expecting quality of a motor vehicle. If you take two motor vehicles of same brand and same model they are identical (say 99.99%). Not the case with RVs. Yours comes with a different set of problems than mine. After all RV is a house on wheels.
I would never advice anyone to buy or not to buy a Jayco Terrain or any other RV. You decide what what you are capable of!
I agree with most everything you said in your post. And I'm happy you are having good luck out of yours.

After dealing with the dealership that sold it to me, there was no way for me to fix all the issues that came up not long after we took delivery. The sliding door (as it turns out) has zero insulation in it. That created an unbearable rattle. The bed rattled so badly that it was so loud that you couldn't even have a conversation in the van while going down the road. I adjusted the bed so many times that it didn't matter. It would still rattle. The table behind the drivers seat was missing a rivet that held it in place so we had to take it out just so it wouldn't rattle so that made it unusable. But the worst offender was when it got down to -5 degrees for a few days last year. Mind you, I winterized the van before all of this happened. The sink drain is the only line that runs outside the van. I had antifreeze in all the lines and I had the diesel heater turned up to 78 degrees. But the sink drain still froze to where it wouldn't drain. Now... I realize that RV Antifreeze only protects from bursting and not freezing. So I didn't think too much about it because I knew once the weather warmed up it would un-slush and be fine. But... after crawling under the van this is what I found.

That is where the sink drains through the bottom of the van. Notice anything unusual? There is no insulation around the drain and there was a 5" hole in the bottom of the van that they didn't insulate. Not only that... If you look to the side, they didn't even pull off the metal piece when they cut the hole for the drain. That piece was just hanging on by the undercoating and it could have come off at anytime and if it fell on the ground just right, it could have punctured my rear tire causing an accident. That, I'm sorry, is negligence taken to a new level. Half of the drain that ran under the van was uninsulated.

This is the piece that I pulled off that was left under the van just being held on by the undercoating

Notice anything else??? The rear passenger side door wouldn't close all the way. There was at least a a 1/4" gap between the rear doors. Eventually water would have gotten in there. This type of quality control (or lack of) is unacceptable.

The sewer drain housing was broken from the factory. It didn't even come with a sewer drain (not that I'm sure if it was supposed to or not). But no matter, I couldn't have used it anyway.

Table stand didn't even have a rivet in the top of the stand. How in the hell does this even pass inspection? I know how... They don't do inspections.

My dealer wouldn't touch it so I had to drive back up to Indiana to have everything fixed and spent a week stuck up there.

To their credit, they did fix everything that I asked them to fix. In case you are unaware, there is no insulation in the sliding door. I took a tour of the factory where they build the terrain. And the only insulation in the sliding door is the small foam pads that Mercedes Benzs puts in the door from the factory. So Jayco filled up the door with insulation to 1: keep it warm and 2: to reduce the rattle coming from the door. They had to put an entire new bed assembly in the van because the other one was broken beyond repair from the factory.

But after touring the factory, I quickly figured out there is zero quality control there. They pump out three of them a day and they DO NOT check everything. In fact they check very little on these vans as they roll off the floor. Otherwise they would have found that there was no insulation from the drain pipe from the sink under the van nor the big ass hole that was left in the bottom of my van. I saw first hand there is no quality control. Once the van goes off the line? It is driven to the lot to be driven to whatever dealership it is going to.

But after that, like you said, I had to become my own expert on how everything worked inside the van to keep it working. But when you walk out to the van everyday and something is wrong with it? I just got exhausing and I was so tired of dealing with it.

Again, I'm happy that you are having good luck with yours so far. But the way these are built? They are half assed at best. Here's to hoping you have many good years with it. But if it were me? I'd crawl all under the van to see what if anything is missing. Oh.... By the way. I forgot to mention that they didn't even put a spare tire under my van. They put one under there when I spent a week at the factory.
Old 11-24-2023, 02:18 PM   #7

I have seen all the issues you have seen and solved almost all of them myself. My first two months was all about solving issues myself. This is why some people buy used RVs.

Bed rattle - have a very good simple solution tested and working for more than 1K miles for now. Will post a separate thread on that for others. This problem is common in Revel as well.

Sliding Door rattle - follow this video . Mine was the two cones in the last part of the video. Once they were adjusted door is dead silent. Even off road.

Spent one week driving around and finding and fixing all the noises. After that van is dead quiet. Although there is noticeable noise coming from the engine and drive train through the cabin as well as wind noise. Not Jayco's fault. Not a conversation stopper. I have two kids in the rear seat and we all talk without a problem.

Don't forget to correct the wiring of the center speaker of the MB entertainment system. Makes a huge difference. Google it and you will find how to correct it. If not pm me.

Rear door - in my experience the van is air tight. You cannot easily close the rear doors when all the other doors are closed. So I just open one front door before closing the rear doors. There is a top latch that need to be latched which is the hard part when closing. If that is not latched properly you will see a 1/4 gap like you do. Not sure if it is the same issues as yours but looks similar.

Sink drain - I did crawl under the van and spray undercoating on all the screws that Jayco did to protect them from rusting. I did not see a open hole like yours. However I did notice the sink drain freezing under cold temperatures recently on my last trip around 20 degree weather. Potential solution is to wrap that hose under the van using a 12V electrical hose heater and connect it to the gray tank heater connection. Will update if I succeed.

Center table bracket - Mine was broken from the factory. It was loose and falling apart. The rivet nuts they used are weak. I installed one size larger rivet nuts and it is rock solid now. Did not even complain to the dealer. however we do not use that table at that location. I built a bench (Very similar to what Canyon Adventure Van sells but only around $500 material cost) and attached that Laguun table to the bench. Very practical.

I plan to post a thread of all the problems and solutions as well as upgrades I did to the van. I might end up writing a book instead.
sid14184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 03:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid14184 View Post
I have seen all the issues you have seen and solved almost all of them myself. My first two months was all about solving issues myself. This is why some people buy used RVs.

Bed rattle - have a very good simple solution tested and working for more than 1K miles for now. Will post a separate thread on that for others. This problem is common in Revel as well.

Sliding Door rattle - follow this video . Mine was the two cones in the last part of the video. Once they were adjusted door is dead silent. Even off road.

Spent one week driving around and finding and fixing all the noises. After that van is dead quiet. Although there is noticeable noise coming from the engine and drive train through the cabin as well as wind noise. Not Jayco's fault. Not a conversation stopper. I have two kids in the rear seat and we all talk without a problem.

Don't forget to correct the wiring of the center speaker of the MB entertainment system. Makes a huge difference. Google it and you will find how to correct it. If not pm me.

Rear door - in my experience the van is air tight. You cannot easily close the rear doors when all the other doors are closed. So I just open one front door before closing the rear doors. There is a top latch that need to be latched which is the hard part when closing. If that is not latched properly you will see a 1/4 gap like you do. Not sure if it is the same issues as yours but looks similar.

Sink drain - I did crawl under the van and spray undercoating on all the screws that Jayco did to protect them from rusting. I did not see a open hole like yours. However I did notice the sink drain freezing under cold temperatures recently on my last trip around 20 degree weather. Potential solution is to wrap that hose under the van using a 12V electrical hose heater and connect it to the gray tank heater connection. Will update if I succeed.

Center table bracket - Mine was broken from the factory. It was loose and falling apart. The rivet nuts they used are weak. I installed one size larger rivet nuts and it is rock solid now. Did not even complain to the dealer. however we do not use that table at that location. I built a bench (Very similar to what Canyon Adventure Van sells but only around $500 material cost) and attached that Laguun table to the bench. Very practical.

I plan to post a thread of all the problems and solutions as well as upgrades I did to the van. I might end up writing a book instead.
Okay... Let me see if I can explain this once again. The bed was installed incorrectly. Not only did it rattle, They had to replace the entire bed. That is how screwed up it was from the factory.

The door rattle has nothing to do with that video. There is no insulation in the door from Jayco. The release mechanism and rods were rattling against the plastic panel of the door. Nothing was going to stop that rattle other than actually putting insulation inside the door which should have been done in the first place.

The sink drain was just pure negligence plain and simple. Half of the insulation that runs under the van wasn't even put on at the factory. Then to add to that, the hole was big enough for a snake, rodent, bugs, etc... to enter the van. Not to mention that since there was no insulation on the drain line coming out of the sink, it was going to freeze every time.

The table was more of an annoyance than anything. The issue is, it should have never left the factory like that.

The rear door ladder hanger was not installed correctly which wouldn't allow the door to close completely.

Once again... I actually took a tour of the factory where the Terrain / Launch are assembled. And after taking that tour, I was not impressed. I suppose unless you go up and actually take a tour of the factory, you'll just have to take my word. But I saw so many corners cut during the assembly process. And there is NO quality control nor a checklist of anything after it comes off the assembly line. I spent over 3 hrs in the factory where they make them and not once did anyone check anyones work to make sure it was preformed correctly. Not to mention how disorganized the entire process is.
Old 11-24-2023, 03:37 PM   #9

Couldn't take a picture inside the factory but this is the building they are built in

[IMG][/IMG]

And to prove I was actually there. Here is the lobby

$500,000 coach's next to my Terrain waiting to be repaired. Some for the second or third time

This was all 1800 miles from my house. My dealership that sold it to me was 2 miles from my house but they wouldn't touch it.

I hope everyone that purchases one has good luck with theirs. But be warned, if it breaks and you can't repair it yourself (such as the battery going out?). Good luck.
Old 11-24-2023, 05:00 PM   #10

I doubt there are any models from any manufacturer that doesn't have someone who would never buy it again.
Old 11-24-2023, 05:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
$500,000 coach's next to my Terrain waiting to be repaired. Some for the second or third time
We have a neighbor in our park who just bought a Newell, $1.6-$2 mil rig. Guess what? It went back to the dealer for a week right after they brought it home.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 05:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
We have a neighbor in our park who just bought a Newell, $1.6-$2 mil rig. Guess what? It went back to the dealer for a week right after they brought it home.
I don't doubt it.
Old 11-25-2023, 07:17 AM   #13

I understand the urge to warn people or punish a company with poor reviews. This is probably the hardest crowd to sway opinions since almost everyone here owns a Jayco and our experiences with it will impact our purchasing decisions more than anything else. I'll buy another Jayco, and from the same dealer, based on my many years of ownership and experience with my dealer.
Old 11-25-2023, 08:16 AM   #14
Site Team

My brother bought a class B with all the new electronics and lithium batteries. He has had many problems with the build but fortunately his dealer is fairly close and has handled it all. He is currently waiting on the floor to be replaced due to discoloration. Still in warranty.

Since this is his first RV and he is NOT tech savvy, he has had a hard time learning all the gadgets and is often lost on the whole operation of the rig. He tells me that the resale value of them is way down for the same reasons in the industry that everyone is experiencing.

He wanted to sell it and get something he could enjoy without all the tech tools but now is using it as best he can.

Personally, I would rather have my 11 year old rig than have to deal with all the new tech gadgets.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 09:36 AM   #15

I miss my backpacking tent at times. Very simple.

I suspect prices are in line with the pre COVID 30% off list days.
Old 11-25-2023, 11:02 AM   #16

They all kind of suck. You just have to find the one that sucks the least. lol. My Jayco has had all sorts of little issues over the last 4 years. Almost every trip something has to be adjusted/repaired. That being said, I’d buy another if the floor plan etc met my demands. Also, the dealer makes a huge difference. Mine isn’t perfect but they make an effort. They suck the least out of some of the other dealers around me.

I’m a little type A and like everything to be just right. I’ve had to relax that when it comes to this hobby or I’d go crazy. I don’t get too worked up as long as I stay dry, water runs, AC works, heat works and electrical works. Really a bummer the OP had a bad experience with the unit and dealer. Hopefully they’ll find another unit and have better luck. My uncle bought a Winni that’s similar and he’s had all sorts of issues too. They all suck a little. I’ve said it before. Doesn’t matter what you spend there will be issues.
Old 11-25-2023, 11:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
I understand the urge to warn people or punish a company with poor reviews. This is probably the hardest crowd to sway opinions since almost everyone here owns a Jayco and our experiences with it will impact our purchasing decisions more than anything else. I'll buy another Jayco, and from the same dealer, based on my many years of ownership and experience with my dealer.
It's not the urge to punish people with poor reviews. They won't read this thread anyway. It's just frustrating with all the issues we had from the van. Like I mentioned, We only got to use it twice in one year for what it was intended for. I know Jayco isn't the only RV manufacturer that has issues. All of them do.

My main problem (other than all the issues) is it left the factory that way. If I pay more than $150,000 for something, then I at least expect it to do most of the things it's supposed to do. Don't get me wrong, I know things will break. That's a given. You are taking your house down the road and it's a rolling earthquake. But what I will not put up with is all of the quality control issues. I mean they had to replace the entire bed after it came out of the factory.

The issues is, I walked through the factory where they make our vans from start to finish and I can now see why they break (or have issues) so easily.

I can fix most anything but I'll be the first to admit that I wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to the rats nest of wires they just stuck behind the panel where all the electronics are. I can figure out the codes etc... And if need be, I can call Renogy because they have been a great help.

The issue is, there is no dealer network that will "actually" work on them. It threw 3 codes last week and there was no way to reset them since it needed a firmware update. What if we had been in the middle of Montana??? And of course every dealer either won't touch it or it is at least 2 months out. The van isn't winterized because we "tried" to use it all year long. But when the entire battery system goes out and the only way to fix it is to have a firmware update? All the water in the van would have frozen because there was no way to pump antifreeze into the fixture lines since the van was dead and no way to run the diesel heater. It was 7 degrees here last night with a windchill of -30.

I understand that I doubt that I sway anyones opinion but, if one person reads this then hopefully they might think twice. It isn't just Jayco I'm sure. But I have seen the inside of the operation and lets just say, I'm not impressed. It is one of the most disorganized operations I've ever seen (at least where they build the vans). But for mine to have left the factory in the condition it left in? That is inexcusable. And to actually try to get it fixed would mean another trip to Indiana.

I can fix all the plumbing and most anything that goes wrong within reason. My issue is, it never should have left the factory. And if mine did like that, there are others out there just like the one we sold.
Old 11-25-2023, 04:53 PM   #18

This is a very interesting post. I don't know how it is now but before the Jayco employees had a quota to meet on their work. If they finished early they got to go home. In my opinion that left out any quality control, they didn't have to have quality, just speed and go home. And then it got worse, imagine that.
Old 11-25-2023, 06:57 PM   #19
Site Team

Moderator Note

A reminder about the Community Rules on customer disputes.

"Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community. You may post about problems you have with Jayco product in an effort to learn from others with similar issues however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack or bash Jayco, Jayco products, or Jayco owners is strictly forbidden."
"

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 07:28 PM   #20

Rv owners can write books about the horror shows that we pay good money for, that would fill many of the old fashioned library shelves. Its surely frustrating how retail rv owners gets treated when it comes to correcting issues on new ones.

I am no defender of any manufacturer since I have seen and experienced the worse of the worse from the top name brands myself. But there are some things that owners can correct, even though its frustrating and frankly a matter of principle that others should correct the problems.

I think its easy for folks to back up their horrible experiences and its easy for others to believe them too after witnessing their own issues. Its really sad that across the board the sticks and staples rv industry has few minimum standards of quality. While there is a sticker of sorts , RVIA,
https://www.rvia.org/standards-regulations
I am not sure it this really means anything to the higher ups in the board rooms far removed from the consumer or the sales managers working to maximize the profits for a given sales outlet of rvs.