Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-06-2023, 08:33 AM   #1

Solstice 21B

Just got our new 2023 Solstice and had a few issues on our first outing:

- pin sized hole in water hose next to water filter flooded the cabinet and RV. Was the very first time to have water after winterized from dealer. Went to Home Depot and got replaced.
Need to take to Jayco service to fix.

- rear cargo passenger door of Transit wouldn’t close. Noticed at RV show it was difficult, at campsite couldn’t close, in open position, the latch in door was engaged as if door was already closed. Worked on latch using a screw driver until was able to get door closed. Will take to Ford to look at.

Everything else worked as expected, learned all our systems and no other issues.

Anyone else own a Solstice yet?
Pnieboer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 07:42 AM   #2

Privacy shade and spare tire

We purchased a Solstice recently. I have a couple questions I'm having problems getting answers to (!). First, is there a spare tire and if so where are the tools to change the tire? Second, how do you secure the side shades to the front windows? TYIA
Long Way Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 03:46 PM   #3

Congrats! Now I know there are two of us out there

Ours didn't come with a spare tire, so it's a bit of a risk, just knowing if we get a flat, we have to call and wait for help.

We got rid of of our window shades... too heavy and too thick and took up way too much space when not using. We replaced with light weight shades for sides and front (bought on amazon) - light weight and pack up small, let me know if you want the link?

the side shades have magnets, and when put in place, kinda.. sort of... stick, but I didn't like the method, so I replaced after our first outing.

all our warranty items got fixed, and we now 4 months into it with three trips.

I also just recently discovered the storage tube for the sewer hose under the coach on the passenger side at rear, it is 27" deep and hold a 10' hose (our 15' hose didnt fit).
Pnieboer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 08:35 AM   #4

I'm Looking at buying a Solstice

So, as the only two owners of this rig, any thoughts or insights you would pass along to a potential new buyer?

Thanks,

Tom B
Tom.B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2023, 21b, class b, solstice