Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2022, 11:22 AM   #61

Dealer service concerns

This forum has been very helpful as I’m dealing with all sorts of warranty based/quality control issues; compounded by unacceptable/uneducated responses from my dealer. @Harmsway and @Tightlines… I think we may all be “working” with the same dealer/service shop. Any interest in a private zoom meeting (or some other platform) to just meet and compare notes?

Also, if you’ve got a Facebook login, there is a very active Jayco Terrain/Entegra Launch group that has been very helpful.
Bfacchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:03 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmsway View Post
What?? Shore power won’t run the rig?
Unacceptable.
In my case, I usually never have shore power available (parking lots with no AC) so not much impact on me but in the event I had shore power available…it would have been nice to use.
Would like the solar panels to actually have some value but they are just dead weight so far. No benefit whatsoever
Shore power should recharge the battery. The battery runs the rig. When not charging need to do the reset protocol or will NOT matter if you are on shore power.
Dr Idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 09:38 AM   #63

I tried hooking up an extra 200W solar panel to the side solar input and wasn’t getting it to charge. Is a solar controller needed for the panel?
Flyingdice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 05:36 PM   #64

Surprise surprise. Sunday, I saw the solar actually charging my battery. First time since I got it in April. Only 1 amp but it was charging. Funny thing it was partially covered by shade.
I’ve had it sitting in the middle of a parking lot with no shade and…nothing.
Not complaining but now I’m confused. Why won’t it charge out in the open but charge when under a tree? ��
Harmsway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 05:40 PM   #65

If the dealer is in Lancaster county, then we are.
I have a laundry list of items that need to be fixed.
Warranty and repairs of issues created by the dealer when it was brought in for repair.
More broken coming out than went in.
Not looking forward to the next service call. What will they break this time?
Old 08-20-2022, 10:46 AM   #66

Solar Blanket

I added the Renogy portable solar blanket ($619 from Mint City Services, link below). Solar roof delivered .7 to 1.2A at best in ideal conditions. With the 300W blanket I get 2.5 to 5A in ideal conditions, 2 to 3A with partly cloudy or medium sun angle. Should be enough to run the ceiling fan and fridge, saving the batttery for a couple hours of cooling in the evening.Click image for larger version

Name:	556A4F9E-2990-4F16-AF07-3164A30F8C92.jpeg
Views:	12
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	83532. https://www.wix.app/stores/045b006c-...le-solar-panel
Roady77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 11:42 AM   #67

solar issues

I am having similar issues with terrain purchased 4 days ago. I plugged into 120 house outlet with 15-30 connector and was only getting 5 amps. I had previously noticed that line from solar panel to battery had flashed on then off so I thought that I might have a short. I flipped the switch to disconnect solar and voila, charge went from 5 to 14-20. So solar panels were actually slowing charging rather than enhancing it. Experimenting seems to indicate that solar panels are nothing but dead weight and air flow inhibitors. One jayco tech told me to find a dealer (ours is 5 hours away) to check wiring and another told me that solar works behind the scenes, despite what three separate readouts are showing me. Which begs the question of why i have 3 readouts. I have contacted Dehco and awaiting response. Our previous vehicle, with go power panels, supplied over 5 amps of power consistently with 200 watts of solar panels, which was enough to power fridge. Speaking of fridge, new fridge hasn't frozen any ice after 4 days on highest setting.
Jerry6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 12:29 PM   #68

You might check parameter 06, Battery Charging Mode, on the inverter charger screen. DEHCO advised me it should be set to SnU, which is priority to solar, and switches to Utility (shore) when solar is insufficient. If it was set to CSo, then it will not tap Utility (shore) unless solar is not available. Also check parameter 28, Maximum AC Charging Current, and adjust to match your shore power. All the parameter settings I got from DEHCO are posted earlier in this thread.
Old 08-27-2022, 01:07 PM   #69

inverter display

Just curious, does anyone routinely see solid line from solar panels to battery on terrain inverter display? Mine has only flashed on for a second or two when I was watching, and that was when sun was partially hidden by tree. This vehicle was promoted as boondocking dream, so it seems like solar panels should be doing more. Running the engine to charge batteries seems only marginally different from running a generator. You won't be enjoying the quiet with either.
Jerry6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 06:17 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry6 View Post
Just curious, does anyone routinely see solid line from solar panels to battery on terrain inverter display? Mine has only flashed on for a second or two when I was watching, and that was when sun was partially hidden by tree. This vehicle was promoted as boondocking dream, so it seems like solar panels should be doing more. Running the engine to charge batteries seems only marginally different from running a generator. You won't be enjoying the quiet with either.
I have seen the same thing. Makes no sense. I have read another thread where the owner had an engine throttle advance installed so he could increase engine rpms for secondary alternator to charge battery (>1500 rpm).
Sucks but unless we can coax more power out of solar, it's the only way to boondock.
Where do you store the solar blanket? It's not like we have a ton of storage.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:22 AM   #71

The solar blanket folds to a briefcase size package, about 20”x15”x 5”. I store it in a bin in the garage with other electronics, but it would fit in the cockpit overhead. Packing up for a long road trip this week so will be filling up that closet/wet bath.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:18 AM   #72

Hello all,
New here. I also have similar issues with a new terrain I just picked up.
I’ll try the recommended procedures that was previously mentioned.
Anyone has their comm light blinking on the renogy battery display screen?
Wanted to ask you, do you guys turn the inverter switch next to the touchscreen off while not being used?
I was told to turn it off if not using the 120v outlets to save battery power. Also, to leave the house switch below the fridge when using the rv.
Tips and pointers greatly appreciated .
Happy RV’n ��
Crazy_Ivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 07:27 PM   #73

IMO, inverter off if you are not using AC power, it does need to be on to charge with shore power.

I leave the battery switch on most of the time even when driving, the roof light bar is powered by the 48 volt battery buss.

Comm light blinks green when it is communicating I believe.
markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 08:03 PM   #74

Got it. Thanks.
I just this terrain and already having issues.
Found out that the dealership disabled the bath light because it was in alert. Also, the renogy monitor system on the firefly panel.
Got a hold of firefly tech support and told me how to enable it. I have to do the recovery process because the soc is showing 0% on the firefly screen , but 80% at the renogy monitor. Hopefully this will recalibrate and set things back to normal.
Going down the rabbit hole with this terrain power system
Old 09-02-2022, 10:23 PM   #75

I’m still having issues.
1. Enabled bath light back on from settings.
Still can’t sync it to the light.
2. Enabled renogy back onto to firefly. Soc % still shows 0% while monitor system show 100%. Monitor system has comm light blinking amber.
3. Not sure if alternator is charging battery.
Drove for about 45 min. Monitor system just shows discharge and soc% did not go up.
Any tips or pointers will help.
I hope its all just parameter settings that needs to be changed.
Old 09-04-2022, 06:24 AM   #76

Swift Li Issue Solved

Well after 5 months and 3 trips and too many calls, emails and texts to track appears we finally solved the Lithium system issue. First, as noted, there were a few fields on the computer that needed to be changed. Ultimately, though, we were told those units are set up primarily for boondocking and not for long term shore power. Dealer disabled the boost and all now appears well. Kudos to LaMesa for figuring this out. Now if Jayco or someone would develop a fast idle auto start/start the world would one again revolve in greased grooves.
Dr Idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 09:01 AM   #77

Dr Idol,
Did the dealer disable the entire rover boost charger control unit or did he set the boost charge parameter from default 2 hrs to zero?
Also, does the inverter/charger need to be on for the solar panels to charge the batteries?
According to the pictorial diagram, it shows the panels going into the inverter/charger first.
I’m having a lot of issues with mine and need to learn all I can.
Old 09-04-2022, 05:32 PM   #78

Inverter does not need to be on to do DC charging, i.e., solar or alternator.
markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 05:01 PM   #79

Taking it back to the dealer later this week to have them fix these issues.
Just took delivery of the terrain last week and it wasn’t working right from the get go. Smh.
I’ll record all the settings prior
Old 09-06-2022, 05:06 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb View Post
Inverter does not need to be on to do DC charging, i.e., solar or alternator.
Mark, I've tested that my inverter needs to be on to charge via alternator. It also cannot be in a fault as well or else it won't charge. Still haven't gotten an ETA when the fix will be out for that yet.

Figured I'd chime in with my experience.
Dway is offline   Reply With Quote