Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-14-2021, 03:56 PM   #1

Travel mode

Hi all. I have a 2018 Jayco Melbourne Prestige with auto levelers. We have a 2 week trip planned in a week and when we brought it home to prepare, we discovered that it would not leave “travel mode”, even with the parking break off. This means that we can’t use auto leveling or manually put leveling jacks down. We have tried everything we can think of to fix the issue with no luck. Any ideas?
CarrieLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 04:16 PM   #2

You should put the manufacturer - sounds like HWH? Mine is Bigfoot. But I did find this online and it may have some application - just search "RV leveler stuck in travel mode," and you should find a lot if ideas:
"had the same exact happen when I went from cold weather in Colorado, I have a different leveling system, but hoping that CC put the same sytems in other coaches, my problem turned out to be the parking brake switch.I contacted CC Tech Support and he told me to run a temporary ground wire from the switch terminal to a good place on the chassis to ground,I did and it worked. On my coach the parking brake switch is located under the front cover on the drivers side. There are 3 switches there all look the same.the middle one is the brake switch. Ground the only terminal to another grounding place .I used a wire with alligator clips .hope that works for you . Be sure to remove the groung wire when you get ready to leave."

Tags
auto leveling, travel mode