Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2016, 07:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMroz View Post
Battery is brand new Duracell from our local Sam's Club. It has a 03/16 date code so its not old stock. I made contact with my local RV dealer and have an appointment to drop off my coach on the 7th of August so I'm hopin they get this last glitch out of this used trailer. I'm still in the black when it comes to what we paid compared to blue book value so I'm still in love with the unit...
I guess my question is did everything work correctly prior to replacing the battery?? If so then I would have your new battery checked to be sure it is not defective. Also, my unit was equipped with a 30 amp circuit breaker on the frame while many others just have a fuse. My breaker burned up due to a poor connection and i had to replace it. Like the others said also check your ground connection to be sure it is a solid connection. Good luck and keep us posted. Electrical issues can be a pain to track down.
klpoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:07 AM   #22

Isolate the 12 volt issue. Get a multimeter or a 12 volt test light and follow your 12 volt wiring to determine where the problem is. The 12 volt test light will have a needle point to probe the wiring.

With the multimeter use the ohms mode to verify the ground is good at various points.

As others have said it is probably a bad ground. You could temporarily hook up a different battery to verify your battery is good.

Also a possibility there is a bad cell in the battery, new or not. You would still read voltage across the posts.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:30 PM   #23

Thumbs up Fixed electrical problems...

Well my dealer just called and advised my 12 volt electrical problem is fixed. He told me that Jayco ran the wires from the outside of the trailer into the unit just below the headboard of the bed and then they covered this glob of wires with a scrap square wood cover. When the service tech removed the cover he found that a wire nut for the 12 volt feed had come loose and this let the two wires separate. He screwed the nut back on and now everything works the way it should.

He also fixed my water heater problem. Since we got this used unit the water heater only worked on LP. He found that Jayco used two switches for the electric side of the water heater. One up inside the coach and another out in back where the water hooks up to the coach. That switch was turned off so once he turned it on the electric side works as intended. Thanks all for all you suggestions and help. Its much appreciated.
JackMroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:45 PM   #24
Site Team

Thanks for the follow up on the fix. It is a great help to complete your thread with the solution. Thanks again and enjoy!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote