Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-16-2018, 08:33 AM   #1

154bh questions.. round two

After two successful trips out a few more questions have popped up.. here we go again.

What is a good brand/model for an aftermarket power tongue jack for the 154bh? Tongue weight is about 400lb.

I noticed a draft coming in from around the wall mounted AC. Is this normal? There doesnt appear to be any unusual gaps there.

The Baja version of the 154bh has a fresh water tank twice the size of ours does anyone know if we can change ours out for the bigger tank? We do a lot of dry camping and although we don't use our fresh water tank for drinking or cooking it would be nice to have plenty of water for dishes, showers, hand washing during longer trips.

What's the SOP for sterilizing the fresh water tank? Is there a similar procedure that needs to be followed for the gray and black tanks?
Jc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #2

I don't know the best for the 154 but I just bought the cheapest with mostly good reviews. It is so cheap that if it fails in year three I can replace it for less than 1 expensive one. Not a lot of tongue weight on my 195RB but I do run it up and down more to attach and detach my Andersen hitch.
I put a cup of bleach and fill the tank in the spring, then drain and flush it. Don't really care as we carry bottled for drinking and cooking. Also, almost all city water is chlorinated so it should keep it fresh. We dump it after every trip but only sterilize once a season. Been doing this for 20 years and never had a problem.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:03 AM   #3

The sanitize procedure is in the Jayco owners manual page 113 (for 2019 manual).
Lots of standard procedures in that manual, worth reading. Did you get the manual with your trailer?
Al97 is offline   Reply With Quote