Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2016, 10:18 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm around 265, and I use mine. It wasn't very confidence-inspiring the first couple times, but it has earned my trust. Now granted, I'm not swinging around on it like a monkey; I get up (carefully), do my business and get down (even more carefully).
Yeah, I traverse it as carefully as possible to help prevent damage. What I dont like is seeing the standouts from the back of the trailer to the ladder flexing/moving back and forth ever so slightly. It makes me think that it will loosen up the mounts to the trailer, and possibly damage the seal at start leaking. That's why I thought a few supports from the base of the ladder onto the bumper right below it would prevent any of this from occurring.

olyelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #32

Our Camper was scheduled to come off the line today... 2/16/16. I am hoping it did and was built without issues.

Hopefully I will hear something this week on expected delivery.

We did our 3rd Annual camping trip this past weekend at Moss Park in East Orange County Florida. Had a total of 32 in attendance with 17 being kids ranging from 3 to 10 yrs old. This started out as my sons Birthday Camping Trip 3 yrs ago and it is now an annual event for us and 6 other families.

Since we did not have our Camper and my DW recently had surgery so sleeping in a Tent would not work I found a small local camper rental company in Kissimmee, FL who had a 2014 Jayco Swift 287 BHBE (now the SLX 287 BHSW) for rent. it is the same floorpan as the 28 BHBE so we got to test run the floor plan and so far the DW is happy with how it worked for us. Still have to get used to climbing the flight of stairs to get up into it, a lot different then our X19H we had.

The rental company, a husband and wife team building a business for their retirement, were very professional and easy to work with. They delivered and picked up with no issues, they do a lot of rentals at Fort Wilderness for out of towners so having "locals" rent was not normal for them.

MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:31 AM   #33

Got the call yesterday that my Camper was at the dealer, showing up yesterday morning. Went by and took a quick walkthrough after work and all appears as ordered from what I could see..

No Graphics (I left the Jayco decals on... for now), Deleted Skylight, All Black AC and Fridge Shrouds, shipped the Towels Racks / Cargo Nets Loose and asked to have the rear AC Vent inside the Top Bunk Curtain.

I had asked if they would install an Amber Porch Light and side the whole trailer in the Gray siding but that was a No Go, most likely will add the Porch Light myself.

If they would have done all Gray it would of matched my truck but it still looks clean without the swooshes, was worth asking.

Will post more Pics later...
Attached Thumbnails
'16 BHBE Side.jpg   F250.jpg  
Old 02-21-2016, 10:29 AM   #34

Interior wise it appears they did a mid year fabric change for the bedroom, will be recovering the Valances, and they moved the Thermostat from the side wall on the entertainment center to the wall with the coat hangers, not a smart move as when you hang coats there it now covers up the Thermostat so it will not control the temperature correctly.

I will be upgrading to the Digital Version but still... not a smart place to put. I am not sure if the designers ever think this stuff all the way through when they decide where to put items like that.

Trailer definitely came through some weather on the way down.

More pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco 1.jpg   Jayco 2.jpg   Jayco 3.jpg   Jayco 4.jpg   Jayco 6.jpg  

Old 02-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #35

2nd AC from the Inside and Skylight Delete in the Galley...
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco 5.jpg   :jayco 7.jpg  
Old 02-25-2016, 09:49 PM   #36

Hey MIFL, congrats on finally getting your TT. I'm happy to see that it came they way you ordered. Mine's on order and I deleted the skylight, tv antenna and ladder. Jayco has so far agreed to the deletions, we'll see when it eventually shows up in a couple of months.
2006 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi QC (2006-2015)
2007 Jayflight 29BHS (2007-2016)
Roaddane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:07 PM   #37

Did you delete the TV Antenna so you could install one of the Omnidirectional Antennas?

I was thinking about installing one of those, but did not think ahead enough to delete the standard one.

They were accommodating to all requests except for installing an Amber Porch light which they deleted a couple years ago but still install on the SLX models and my request to replace the white siding with the same light gray on the rest of the trailer though I am not sure that request got flowed all the way to Jayco.

I should take delivery 3/19 but all looked good on my 10 min walkthrough at the dealers storage lot, it was almost dark but I saw what I needed to.

Good Luck with yours… we are looking forward to getting back to traveling and camping, our last trip was March 2015.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFL19H View Post
Interior wise it appears they did a mid year fabric change for the bedroom, will be recovering the Valances, and they moved the Thermostat from the side wall on the entertainment center to the wall with the coat hangers, not a smart move as when you hang coats there it now covers up the Thermostat so it will not control the temperature correctly.

I will be upgrading to the Digital Version but still... not a smart place to put. I am not sure if the designers ever think this stuff all the way through when they decide where to put items like that.

Trailer definitely came through some weather on the way down.

More pics...
Mine is scheduled to be built next month (27BHS). I really like the black shrouds on top, do they usually all come in white? I would rather have black as well. I am on the fence about the aluminum wheels or the steel any other benefits other than looks for the aluminum? Did you call Jayco directly to make these changes or did your dealer handle them?
borninblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:17 PM   #39

Do they discount the deletes?

The black A/C shroud looks nice!

Shouldn't there be an LP cover on those tanks?
Old 02-26-2016, 09:22 PM   #40

Also, what did they charge you for the rim upgrade?

borninblue is offline   Reply With Quote