Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2021, 02:14 AM   #1

171BH-Weeboost

Our family trailer (Micro 171BH) will be delivered to our door this Friday. I’ve already bought a Weeboost Drive Reach Rv. Anyone who might have one of the micro series trailer have any ideas on how I might get the antenna wire into the trailer without hole drilling. Unlike the Micro 166 the 171 doesn’t have a slide out so I can’t snake it through there. Any simple solutions would be appreciated. I’ve long lurked amongst the forums and have gathered valuable knowledge from you all. For that, thank you. I believe I shall be posting here many times from now on. This is our families first trailer so I still have much to learn.
Az19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:10 AM   #2

Some immediate thoughts come to mind:
  1. Reuse an existing "run" from a factory-installed solar panel or digital antenna. Be sure to seal the run with self-leveling sealant, weatherproof caulk, or other.
  2. Run in through the roof-mounted HVAC.
  3. Run through the floor using an existing run or drill a new run. Be careful when cutting holes, as I mentioned in another thread, wires are all over the place and you don't want to hit a line.
I chose route number 3 when I installed an external antenna. I didn't want to create unnecessary holes on the roof so I ran an extra length of coax under the floor from the mast then up into our gear closet. https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ifi-92042.html

If you have plans of installing "more" on the roof in the future, you may consider a water proof electrical box with cable glands. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Keep in mind that cable glands usually require a non-terminated cable to be installed so if you running ethernet, coax, electrical, or something else, you'll need to be able to terminate the end properly.
gobdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 03:55 PM   #3

Whatever you do, try to get the outside antenna 15-20’ from the inside one. The closer they are the less boost you get.