Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2020, 05:22 AM   #1

‘19 330RSTS Schwintek slide controller

I cannot get my kitchen slide to time and it comes out crooked if at all at times. Where is the controller located so I can try a reset
Kurtomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:47 PM   #2

The board could be located anywhere - ask the dealer - I found mine in ceiling of the cargo bay but I have 2019 Jayco 5th wheel

2019 Jayco 317RLOK
2015 F-350, 6.7L, SRW, Bilstein Rear Shocks
Chesterfield, Missouri

billgburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:39 PM   #3

Controller location

The controller and other assorted boxes are behind the rear wall of the storage cabinet that is behind the switches for slides, water pump, etc.

Stand at kitchen island and look toward the front/bed room. The right hand door about head high is where the screws must be removed to get the wall out. You can't miss as that is the shelf with the odd size for storage.
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #4

Why the hell do they have to hide these things. I’ll poke around tomorrow
Old 04-02-2020, 08:27 PM   #5

First shelf above the "coat closet" on the right door. Take a square head screwdriver and something to work the panel loose after removing all the screws.

What a mess of wires.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:08 PM   #6

I took a video of the controller today while trying to bring the slide out. It shows the lights but I don’t know how to post it on here. I tried to retime it once again with no luck. So they I manually overrid the system and brought it all the way in. Then tried to bring it back out and only the motor near the refer wanted to go. When I mess with it and finally get it out and attempt to bring it in only the tv side motor fires off and tries to bring it in. If anyone knows a lot about these controllers I could text you a video and go from there. I don’t wanna take it to a dealer as more often than not they screw up more than they fix. Maybe try calling lippert tomorrow
Old 04-08-2020, 09:45 AM   #7

I remember removing the power to reset the controller after getting it all the way in and then out. My pee brain told me I'll remember that and don't write it down.

ALSO! While it is out, lube the rollers and tracks with "silicone" spray lube. I bought "3 In One" off the shelf at Walmart. WD40 makes one also but don't use the regular WD40 which attracts dust.

Online searches showed me a bunch of information you won't find in Lippert instructions or from them. Good luck getting through on the phone.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:15 AM   #8

Well I ended up doing the repair myself. Had a motor 2 short circuit so lippert was nice enough to send me a new moror. Popped it in and still had same problem. My 18 month old battery was weak so I replaced that and ran a couple more tests for them and they sent me a slide controller. Installed that and she’s been working perfect since. I really was avoiding going to the dealer as every time I take it in it’s there forever and they manage to break more than they fix. Glad that’s resolved for now.

I need to reseal a couple spots of the roof where a small gap in the lap sealant is. I have self leveling lap sealant for that.

I also need to seal at the piece of trim that they use to seal the front cap to the fiberglass sides. I got some non sagging lap sealant but not sure if I got the right stuff. Is there a different one specifically for vertical surfaces or do I use some other sort of caulk or silicone?
Old 05-04-2020, 07:53 PM   #9

Slide expert

By now you should have enough experience to be dangerous on Schwintech.

I think we will be cussing these slides for years and it's good to get a good dose up front for troubles later. Mine pulled a joke on me a would not work one day last week and the next morning when it was cooler it worked fine. I'll be modifying that back wall panel to make it easier to see the controller and possibly reach it for resets easier in the future. Maybe tomorrow before it gets up to 100 degrees.

I do need to check my roof as it's been a while.

Best Wishes