Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2022, 08:04 PM   #1

195RB refrigerator question

2016 195rb . I have stock refrigerator and when using propane it seems to not be cooling correctly and the counter top above and the side panel seem to be quite warm. The freezer part of the unit is freezing but the refrigerator part is not cooling correctly. There is a vent in the top of the camper directly above the AC that I was told was for the refrigerator but it does not seem that could even be as I cannot see how it could “get around the AC unit”

I’m trying to figure out what may be causing the issue. Refrigerator works correctly with Electric but is doing something weird with propane as stated above.
Mast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:35 AM   #2

I have the 17 model. I assume yours is like mine. Your fridge has two black vents, rougly 8 x 16 at the top and bottom fridge to allow air in and out. The roof vent is actually the intake for the sidewall AC and is not connected to the fridge.
I ran into the hot counter, poor cooling and did some major work.

I found that the baffle that is supposed to direct heat out the top had both corners cut out allowing heat under the counter top. Also no insulation above the baffle to prevent heat transfer inside instead of moving the heat out and using the heat to help with the draft. Additionally, I found the chimney at the bottom was not insulated from the sidewall of the under sink area and was heating that up. All this prevented the normal flow of air from running upwards as it robbed heat from the air flow. I insulated the sidewall near the chimney.
During a overhaul of my roof Dicor and replacement with Etearnabond I took off the roof vent for the AC and discovered there was no screen for bugs getting into the AC compartment and then into the RV. Added screen there.
If you would like pictures of what I did and can post them. I did it a while ago but I forgot what the thread was named.

Regarding propane not cooling properly watch a couple of you tubes, could be several things like low propane pressure, poor flame adjustment, blocked vent tube, wasp nests, spider webs, etc.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 12:30 PM   #3

Yourune videos

Hi you mentioned YouTube videos, do you know what terms you used in the search or Google search I am not finding any YouTube videos for 195rb refrigerator.
Mast is offline   Reply With Quote