Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2018, 03:33 PM   #1

1994 Jayco converter location

I'm having fits finding the location of my converter/battery charger. I had the misfortune of having uninvited "guests" move in a while back and ever since I've lost the ability to keep my (new) battery charged. There is other evidence that they messed with some basic wiring even though the trailer was located in an area void of electricity.
It's a Eagle SL travel trailer without slide-outs, battery in front where propane tanks are often located. Breaker panel and fuses easily located in the closet next to the bathroom, below the water heater tank.
Contacted Jayco, they were unable to help due to the trailers age.
Does anyone know the part #?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Travels!
Chris
1994EagleSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:35 PM   #2

Hi Chris. In both my Jayco popup and my hybrid trailer the breaker panel had been integrated with the converter/charger. The breakers were for the AC 120 volt circuits and the fuses were for the DC 12 volt side.

I did a google search and found a 1994 Jayco travel trailer manual that said this was the case, but was generic and did not state the location of the unit. The feed from and to the battery was connected directly to the 12 volt side with a 40 amp in-line fuse near the battery.
jimovernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:34 PM   #3

Thanks for the input Jim.
I finally realized that the converter had been stolen and having talked to an RV expert found the previous location.
He told me to look for a 110 outlet, located near the fuse/breaker panel, that had
been modified to provide only one outlet.
Sure enough, there it was with the screw holes visible.
Bought a new one on Amazon.
1994EagleSL is offline   Reply With Quote