Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2022, 06:55 PM   #1

199MBS control issues

On the Facebook Jayco page, there is some discussion about the handling of the 199MBS. In that discussion, a post shows a photo of the axle of his 199MBS and it has it rated at 4870# (see photo). Jayco shows the UVW of this unit as 4695# and the dry hitch weight of 690#. Further Jayco shows the GVW at 5750#, so how in the world does this setup work?! Can you put anything in this rig? The particular Facebook post says his 199MBS is all over the road and activating his traction control on his truck.
I am suppose to leave tomorrow to pick my 199MBS up and I don't want to loose my deposit, but this is concerning. So this is my first travel trailer and just need some help understanding why Jayco would put a nominal axle with this weight trailer. At minimum handling issues and you could make the case for the axle to fail entirely or at least wear prematurely.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bh1oyno5jz...18_n.jpeg?dl=0

https://www.jayco.com/rvs/travel-tra...-micro/199mbs/
mtjag7 is offline   Reply With Quote