Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2021, 09:28 AM   #1

1st Trip Problems With New 2021 Jayco x213

Took the new camper out for the long windy rainy Memorial day weekend. While it was great not being in a popup and snug inside hard walls had a couple minor issues.

1. The furrion refridgerator drains battery so quick. Unfortunately it wasn't something I researched before purchasing but make sure you have a generator if your camping on rainy weekend.

2. Water pressure problem. Hither Hills in NY doesn't have any hookups so its like boondocking and you have to use the fresh water tank. I filled the tank up, had generator hooked up so plenty of power but the water coming from the sinks seems to be full of fair. Water for a second then Air for 5 seconds. Anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting this? Keep in mind this is a brand new camper and this is the first trip so I assume things should be working for now. It has the SHURFLO 4008 RV Revolution By-Pass pump.
dmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #2

May take a while to get all air out if the water heater was not full.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:56 AM   #3
Site Team

One trick we do if we know we're going to be using water from the tank. I'll hook it to the hose at home, make sure the water heater's already full, and run water through all the faucets and shower to get the air out of the plumbing. It can take a bit for them to stop sputtering.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 01:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
One trick we do if we know we're going to be using water from the tank. I'll hook it to the hose at home, make sure the water heater's already full, and run water through all the faucets and shower to get the air out of the plumbing. It can take a bit for them to stop sputtering.
I do this as well. I prime the system in my driveway before I leave.

I boondock 95% of the time anyways so I almost always travel with a full tank and run off the pump.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 01:57 PM   #5

Am I missing something…does your fridge not run on propane?
mark.nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 02:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.nowak View Post
Am I missing something…does your fridge not run on propane?
No. They start putting in 12v only refrigerators lately. I didn't ask about it when buying the camper. I assumed it was standard to have 3 way fridges.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
I do this as well. I prime the system in my driveway before I leave.

I boondock 95% of the time anyways so I almost always travel with a full tank and run off the pump.
I'm going to try it again in the driveway. I didn't try heating hot water so I didn't pay attention that much. I know I did run it for a while to see if water would come out. I should probably look to see if the bypass switch's are turned on as well. I'm guessing that might cause some air.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Might seem like a dumb question, to fill the hot water tank you just turn on the hot water tap right?
Old 06-01-2021, 02:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatt View Post
No. They start putting in 12v only refrigerators lately. I didn't ask about it when buying the camper. I assumed it was standard to have 3 way fridges.
Weird, that is annoying. I'd be screwed if I had a 12V only fridge as I rarely bring my generator boondocking. i usually run off the batteries all weekend.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 02:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Actually it's clearly listed as an option the gas/elec is standard. So if you bought it off the lot that is how the dealer ordered it.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:52 PM   #11

The way I fill my hot water heater is by opening the pressure relief valve until water starts coming out.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:33 PM   #12

did you purge the whole water system out? if not there's a chance you have air in the system still, or it could be something with your pump. check your winterizing valve and make sure its fully closed. is this on the hot side or cold side? if its hot side it could be that your system is not full of water fully including the hot water heater.
brewcrew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 12:59 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Might seem like a dumb question, to fill the hot water tank you just turn on the hot water tap right?
Not a dumb question at all. I digress a bit. When we flush out the antifreeze in the spring, the water heater is bypassed, and empty. We hook up a hose to the city water connection, and run it until clear. Then I'll un-bypass the water heater valves to fill the tank up, and you're correct, an open hot water tap helps it fill up. You get lots of air and sputtering during this whole process, but it does settle down after a few minutes of open faucets. We open them all one at a time to help the plumbing purge air.

We leave the water heater full for the next trip, if it's going to be fairly soon. If not, I'll drain it out, and re-fill it just before the next outing.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:03 PM   #14

Great Trailer

We have a 2019 and it’s been good to us. Had a couple minor issues that were covered by the warranty.

The pump issue should clear up once the air is removed from the lines. Open up every faucet one at a time.

The 12volt only refrigerator doesn’t make much sense to me. Seems like it would set you up to drain the batteries in a few minutes since this is more than the battery can handle. Are you sure it isn’t a 3-way?
bam1429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam1429 View Post
We have a 2019 and it’s been good to us. Had a couple minor issues that were covered by the warranty.

The pump issue should clear up once the air is removed from the lines. Open up every faucet one at a time.

The 12volt only refrigerator doesn’t make much sense to me. Seems like it would set you up to drain the batteries in a few minutes since this is more than the battery can handle. Are you sure it isn’t a 3-way?
Ya it’s 12v only. If you google it you will see what I’m talking about.

I did figure out the water problem. There was an open/close valve at the water pump that was in the closed position. Opened it and the water came out fine. I don’t understand how I had any water coming out at all. Maybe it was a little bit open or water left in the lines somewhere before it was closed. It was brand new so I wouldn’t expect there to be any water in the lines.
Old 06-12-2021, 09:15 PM   #16

We had numerous issues with the hot water tank until camping world said did you flip the switch right by the outside nodule that you remove when you winterize? I said um nope. I was told when you de winterize you have to remove the air by flipping that copper or silver unit above or near the nodule to remove air and then once water comes out you have a full tank. OOPs. That removes the air and heats the water. Then as for the sink and removing air? I let it run for a minute or two at home. That should cure the problem. It also happens when you winterize. You are removing water and adding the pink stuff. Sounds like things are going great otherwise. Can't to be on the road again in 3 weeks. Yeah me.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #17

Quote:
I looked at Jayco web site standard refrigerator is 6 cu ft gas/electric optional is 8 cu ft 12volt sounds like you have the larger refrigerator
dynarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:58 PM   #18

Did you not get the solar panels with the 12V fridge? And it should have a night mode which might save some power. Ours does.

Here is a video about the 12 v fridges.. Completely different as they are not the standard absorption fridges
https://www.boondoctor.com/knowledge...ressor-fridge/

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 03:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
Did you not get the solar panels with the 12V fridge? And it should have a night mode which might save some power. Ours does.

Here is a video about the 12 v fridges.. Completely different as they are not the standard absorption fridges
https://www.boondoctor.com/knowledge...ressor-fridge/
Thanks for the link. That was informative. Ours is the dual type, but will keep this in mind for next rig.
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 03:54 PM   #20

oops. Ours is the Norcold. Can't find a thing about Furrion refrigerators.

Was 2021 a mishmash of parts ? Seems things were not always in stock and substitutions made.

Today we became acquainted with fresh water tank overfill . On our smaller unit when the tank was full it came back at the hose.. He must have put many gallons on the driveway before he noticed he was in a big puddle and ran for the manual. (( one of many manuals...nuff said)

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote