Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #1

2003 Jayco Eagle

Does anyone out there have a 2003 Jayco Eagle? We bought a used one in September of this year. Would be interesting to chat with someone and compare some of the issues that we have had. Whole new world to us "old retired people", lol
Bonieta Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Site Team

While I don't have a 2003 Eagle, I have a 2000. I'm sure much of the structure and many of the components (Refrigerator, appliances, etc) between these two model years are similar, if not indentical.

One thing that would be helpful is if you could provide the type (travel trailer or fifth wheel) and size (example: 266 FBS). This is extremely helpful when trying to answer questions pertaining to where something is located in your trailer (like: where is the hot water tank or where is the water pump located in my trailer?). Many members, myself included, put this information in their signature where it can be easily found.

Some Questions:

Is this, by chance, your first RV?

Do you have any documentation for this unit (Jayco owner's manual and installation/instruction/owner's manuals for all the components installed)?

There are many knowledgable folks on this site that can provide answers to almost any question.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #3

I have a 2004 308 FBS if you got any questions
6 Speed Auto 3:92 Posi
Rambox Hemi Hard Loaded
Airlift Bags 20" Goodyears
2004 Jayco Eagle 308 FBs
Sold trailer starting search
82corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:44 AM   #4

Thanks for your offer of advice. We purchased this TT in KY in Sept. of this year. Very good condition, with a few problems once we got it placed on a permanent site. i.e. water heater, frig., leak in slide. The dealership did come and service the heater, frig and slide. But, our biggest concern is the shower...It has a garden tub, which when my husband opened the access door, there was a butter tub under the drain, full of water....Dealership came and serviced again, reconnecting the drain line, but, the shower seems so weak and squishy when you step in and move around. They say this is normal..I'm concerned that there is something wrong with the support. I did get the drawings from Jayco, and it doesn't show any support material in front of the shower door. Do you have any problem with weakness in your tub? Appreciate any suggestions you might have. "All new to us" Also, we were thinking we could go from FL to KY and stay a couple of weeks in the colder weather. Now, thinking we might freeze...Do you use yours in the colder weather?
Old 10-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #5

We have had ours about 3 years now & the shower base has always seemed flimsy. Our old Fleetwood Terry was the same way, neither one had any cracks or leaks form. Ours is very easy to heat although the windows sweat & feel chilly. We usually camp well into November & sometimes experience temps in the teens. We do have a small heater that we use when it is really cold.
6 Speed Auto 3:92 Posi
Rambox Hemi Hard Loaded
Airlift Bags 20" Goodyears
2004 Jayco Eagle 308 FBs
Sold trailer starting search
82corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:55 AM   #6

Thanks for the reply. Maybe the shower is the way it is suppose to be. My husband thinks he might put some expandable foam in a balloon and make a little support for in front of the shower door. Whats you thinking on this? Couldn't hurt. Do you have the storage area under the bed in the back? Ours has no insulation in that area, so husband bought sheet insulation and put it on the floor and sides. Might help it stay a little warmer as the bed was cold in Sept, with 39 outside. We may still try it one more time before the first of the year, lol
Old 10-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #7

My Jayco is a '98 and under the garden tub there is a plywood structure that supports the tub very securely, it feels very solid when I take a shower.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #8

Does the plywood come completely to the door? Our Jayco (2003) the plywood structure is only on the back side. The schematics that Jayco sent only show it about half way, nothing supporting in the front. I am wondering since there was a loose drain connection, if someone took something out from the front? I have asked Jayco if they could send something with the tub installed and they say they have nothing showing that? Thanks for your comment, sure makes me wonder if something is missing. You get a very unsure feeling when turning around in the shower, like maybe it is going to go down. lol
Old 10-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #9

I'm not sure, it has been a while since I looked in the access hole. I store it offsite, but will be going camping next weekend and can check for you then. I will see if I can snap a few pictures too.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:55 AM   #10

That would be great as it might shed a little more light on the subject, lol Thanks in Advance