Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2023, 09:10 PM   #1

2004 Jayfeather 19H water leak and fiber glass removal

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a 2004 Jayfeather 19H that appeared to be pretty clean but had a couple of minor things fixed. Or at least what I thought was minor. As with most things once I started peeling things back I found more and more issues.

There is quite a bit of water damage on the ceiling, floor and front wall. I already plan on replacing the roof and floor. However I just found water damage on the front wall and the plywood layers are completely soaked and falling apart. To the point you can see through the plywood to the fiberglass shell.

I'm curious what is the best way to go about repairing he front wall of the trailer. At first I was thinking the fiber glass panel was secured with screws throughout the trim and other areas but I've recently read that it might be stuck on with adhesive? Is there a way I can remove it and place it back on? If I can't remove it without a ton of work or needing fiberglass professional, could I dry out the plywood, add some 2x2 blocking and lay a new layer of plywood from the inside? I know this obviously doesn't solve the water issue. But I'm still planning on replacing the roof and resealing the entire trailer so hopefully that will do the trick. I've added a few pictures of the damage for reference.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20230408_001221628.jpg   PXL_20230408_001214368.jpg   PXL_20230408_001207683.jpg  
Loganblankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 09:23 AM   #2

That hurts to look at those pictures. Good luck with that project. I would seriously consider scraping that plan and look at another camper. Certainly don't mean to sound negative...but...you've got a real serious challenge on your hands. Peace!
Retired @ PCB
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiberglass, plywood, wall repair, water damage