Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantam View Post
snip.....Is there a fuse located in the trailer for the brake and refrigerator that is seperate from the breaker panel? Any help would be appreciated.
Yes, for the fridge and interior lights, there is a fuse which is on the main 12v wire lead, right next to the TT battery. I would look there first. I agree with Old Blue, that the TV would supply the brakes directly, so that part is puzzling.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:33 AM   #12

Thanks for all the info. It looks like I have several things to check this weekend. It sounds like it is probably a couple of things that just so happened to have occurred at the same time. I am going to go down this list on Saturday and see what I come up with. I will post my findings when I get to the bottom of it. I'm really happy that I found this forum that has so many people willing to help out. I hope I can contribute just as much in the future.

1999 Z71 Extended Cab, 5.3L, 4:10, with 4" Lift.
2005 Jayco Jayflight 28BH.
mantam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by David472 View Post
I agree with Old Blue, that the TV would supply the brakes directly, so that part is puzzling.
After I pondered this for a little while, I would suggest checking the 7-pin electrical tow cable on the TT tongue. See that it's not pinched or damaged. Also, this cable terminates at a junction box on the front of the TT frame. Check the connections inside this junction box. Hope this helps.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #14

Thanks again for all the help, with all the suggestions and the diagram that rustic Eagle supplied I was able to trackdown the problem yesterday. With the brakes and lights as well as the fridge going down all at the same time that led me to beleive the problemwas on the TT. After looking at the 7pin diagram I took my volt meter and checked the 12 volt supply from the TV at the 7 pin connector and realized I didn't have power. I traced everything out and discovered that the RV dealer that installed my brake box and 7 pin connector hooked the 12 volt supply for the brakes and the 12 supply for the TT to the interior light fuse in the cab of the TV. I replaced the 10 amp fuse and everything is working fine. since this is the first time the fuse has blown I am going to leave it as is for now but if it does happen again in the future I will take the 12 volt supply for the TT to a seperate power supply. Thanks again for everyones help!

1999 Z71 Extended Cab, 5.3L, 4:10, with 4" Lift.
2005 Jayco Jayflight 28BH.
mantam is offline   Reply With Quote