Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #1

2009 226

We just bought it 2 months ago. It's the worst trailer I've ever owned. I've had a Motorhome,2-Fifth wheels and a travel trailer. We just sold our 31' Coachman Fifth wheel, We needed to down size because of my wife's heath and the size of our new houses RV driveway. I've had to do more work on this trailer than I did the whole time I owned my Coachman. I bought it new in 2000. We bought it because we've always heard of the Jayco quality. A big mistake on my part. For an example is the way they lap the undercoating fiberglass on the frame to keep the rain ,dirt and wind from getting into the insulation. Everything is lapped backwards and screwed way to fare apart. So, that it sags. I had to put at least 50 more Stainless screws under there and re lap everything to make it right. I might just sell it and go back to Coachman. Sorry for all the nagging.
rshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:15 PM   #2

Sorry you are finding issues on your "new to you" trailer.

Jayco, like evey RV mnaufacturer, has their issues but ultimately I think they build a decent unit for the price. You are't the orignal owner, is it possible that the prior owner had some extensive side wall work done and didn't tell you? Maybe what you are seeing isn't something that was done by the factory?

I have had 2 Jayco JayFlights and I have not had any serious issues.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:03 PM   #3

There's a good posability your right. I cant imagine the manufacturer building a product so poorly for this length of time and still be in nv business. The fiberglass attached to the undercarriage is sticking out about 1/2" all the way around the whole frame, so the rain just collects ontop of the fiberglass and gets the insulation wet.
rshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:40 AM   #4

Wow, that's a shame...
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote