Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #1

2009 Jayco G2 32BHDS

Bought the unit new in Feb 2010 from Trail Center, Charleston, SC. Have discovered 2 major leaks causing concealed structural damage/rot. Was able to pull the couch out of the front slide out and repair the front left corner floor by cutting a hole in the wall and repairing the damage. Had to replace a section of the floor (14 x 16") and also replacing some of the wood studs. I am now trying to find the leak that has caused the damage on the left front part of the unit. Have been trying for the last 4 days to isolate the leak. I cut out a 4" wide strip in the closet wall on the left back side of the closet and also a 4" wide strip in the stowage compartment. I found major rot in the studs (some were rotten thru) beginning about2 feet from the top of the unit.

This is my second Travel Trailer and I'm very disappointed with the quality of this unit. I thought Jayco produced a better quality trailer and, yes I have inspected the caulking as recommended annually. Also, had problems with the irregular tire wear and had to have the axles aligned which cost me $200.00

Has anyone had to deal with Jayco concerning structural damage due to water leaks? My unit was built 8/08 so this Aug it will be 5 years old. This post is not
sour grapes against Jayco, it is just that I have a major problem with my unit.

Any advice or information will be greatly appreciated.

Mohok
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum mohok1. I wish you could have joined us under happier circumstances. Leaks can be a bear to locate sometimes. There are dealers who can perform a pressurized seal test that may help find the leaks but of course that`s more money spent. Best of luck with the repairs.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #3

Am happy to report that although I was out of warranty, Jayco agreed to repair the water damage in the left front corner of the unit if I would take it to Jayco in Middleburg, IN. Jayco also replaced my rear slide out motor which had been a problem all along. The repair work was very high quality and well worth my effort to take the trailer to them. Developed a good relationship with the on site personnel. Kudos to Jayco. Although I'm still not sold on the overall quality of my unit, I appreciate Jayco's "goodwill" effort on my behalf.
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote