Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #1

We'll be picking up a new to us 2010 24FBS at the end of April and I'm considering replace the door and storage locks with new equipment from RVLOCKSandmore.

The idea is to have a single key for all locks, be comfortable that only we have our keys, and to be a little more secure for the storage areas. Of course, I understand that trailers will never really be secure.

Baggage Compartment Locks and Keys

Anyway, for the storage cam locks I need to choose the length of the existing cam locks. Since I won't have our trailer until late April I'm wondering if anyone knows the length of cam lock Jayco used?

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for purchased locks from RVLOCKSandmore for a new-to-us 2010 24FBS. I need to know the length of the cam locks, but we don't pick the trailer until late April. It would be great if anyone knows the length of the storage locks on the 2010 24FBS.

Here's the product I'm considering:
Baggage Compartment Locks and Keys

Thanks in advance.
luedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:15 AM   #2

2013 Pinnacle 36REQS

I have the similar question and my 5th wheel is up at my campsite (CA Sierra foothills) and I won't be up there for another two weeks. I'd like to buy what I need now and install when I get up there...vs. having to wait.

So...anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
WhiteNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:34 AM   #3

Not sure of the length for your unit, however, just wanted to share with you another option eliminating the need for any keys at all. I installed Combi-Cam locks on all my hatches that did not have "slam latches"
I feel these are even safer than keyed locks and no worry of losing "the" key...
Attached Images

WhiteHawker is offline   Reply With Quote