Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy76 View Post
Hmmmm, we always leave our awning out with a slight tilt to it on our current Coachman, staked to the ground with a hold down kit while we are camping. We store bikes, chairs, outside stove, etc under it and when it rains everything stays relatively dry.
Does the 2010 Jayco Jay Flight G2 29bhs have the auto dump feature and how does it work? I thought having the power awning would be good, but if I have to retract it when a storm comes up soaking everything under it and every time I leave the trailer in fear of a sudden gust of wind ripping it off, kinda makes me want to stay away from a power awning.
On our 2011 G2, the power awning is adjustable so that one side can be lowered for runnoff. Power or not, it's always a good idea to roll the awning up when leaving for the day. I've seen three (other peoples) awnings be destroyed by a storm that kicked up during the day while they were away.

Tom
__________________

altar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #22
Site Team
 
Denise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mostly the US
Posts: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy76 View Post
Does the 2010 Jayco Jay Flight G2 29bhs have the auto dump feature and how does it work? I thought having the power awning would be good, but if I have to retract it when a storm comes up soaking everything under it and every time I leave the trailer in fear of a sudden gust of wind ripping it off, kinda makes me want to stay away from a power awning.
Check out post #16 above ... one additional comment though is some folks with the adjustable electric awnings like them; just the flat pitched ones that suck.
__________________

__________________
moderator
Denise, DH, grandkids, and two rescue pups
-2016 Jay Flight 29QBS Elite
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Idaho/Arizona
Posts: 5,303
I think that my power awning can be adjusted but I would much prefer a manual awning. If I am away and a high wind comes up (happens here a lot) nobody can put it up for me without the house key. I sure wish it could have been an option.
__________________
2011 Eagle 330RLTS with just about every option.
2017 Silverado 1500 4x4 5.3 with tow package.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #24
Member
 
bbhoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 53
I believe Carefree sells a kit that upgrades the arms to a 6 position adjustable pitch. Has anyone given this a try? No idea on cost though.
__________________
2010 Jayco Jayflight G2 29BHS, Husky HB4500 power jack, Hunter 44260 Digital Thermostat, JT Strongarm stabilizers.
2007 Dodge 2500 5.9L diesel, twin turbos, Edge Juice w/attitude CTS w/backup camera, MBRP full exhaust, 48RE auto tranny (stock for now), Pacbrake exhaust brake, Riderite airbags.
bbhoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 14
I believe Carefree sells a kit that upgrades the arms to a 6 position adjustable pitch. Has anyone given this a try? No idea on cost though.I emailed the company the part number is OV25APHW in white OVJVAPHW in black, did a Google search and the price is anywhere from 700-800 to replace the arms, OUCH.
troy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #26
Site Team
 
Denise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mostly the US
Posts: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhoth View Post
I believe Carefree sells a kit that upgrades the arms to a 6 position adjustable pitch. Has anyone given this a try? No idea on cost though.
I'm watching this thread with interest. It would be neat if there was an upgrade now. Last year there wasn't Do you know Jayco would only credit us back $150 to leave the flat pitch elec awning off? Then we would have had to pay our dealer $600 (or was it $800?) for them to add the manual awning aftermarket

Definitely post any info on a kit that is now available from Carefree to make the flat pitch adjustable! Thanks
__________________
moderator
Denise, DH, grandkids, and two rescue pups
-2016 Jay Flight 29QBS Elite
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthi View Post
I'm watching this thread with interest. It would be neat if there was an upgrade now. Last year there wasn't Do you know Jayco would only credit us back $150 to leave the flat pitch elec awning off? Then we would have had to pay our dealer $600 (or was it $800?) for them to add the manual awning aftermarket

Definitely post any info on a kit that is now available from Carefree to make the flat pitch adjustable! Thanks
You can replace the arms as I mentioned in a previous post with kit OV25APHW. Its the arms only, you use your original canvas top and roller end. I found it for $700 online, this will allow you to add some pitch for water runoff. But $700 seems quite steep to me.
I saw a previous post on the power awning here, problems and such: https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=74
started by healthi.
troy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #28
Site Team
 
Denise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mostly the US
Posts: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy76 View Post
You can replace the arms as I mentioned in a previous post with kit OV25APHW. Its the arms only, you use your original canvas top and roller end. I found it for $700 online, this will allow you to add some pitch for water runoff. But $700 seems quite steep to me.
I saw a previous post on the power awning here, problems and such: https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=74
started by healthi.
I totally forgot about that thread as it was started when we still had our tt on order in Summer '09 LOL!

Although your info above fits nicely in this 29 bhs G2 thread, it would make for a very appreciated update in the thread you quoted above. Can ya post that info there also? Thanks Troy
__________________
moderator
Denise, DH, grandkids, and two rescue pups
-2016 Jay Flight 29QBS Elite
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 14
I have updated the other post that healthi started on electric awnings.
But we kinda got off track here on my original question as to whether $16.3K for a 2010 G2 29BHS was a good deal and from the responses here I believe it is. I hope to get Friday off so I can look at it in person and maybe put a deposit down on it.
Thanks for all your input. I will post back when I make my Jayco purchase, whether it be the G2 or ?
troy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #30
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 14
Well, we ruled out the 29BHS and I have started another post discussing a different Jayco trailer, if interested see: https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=1969
__________________

troy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.