Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #1

2010 324BHDS Power Problems

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but hoping someone has some insight... I have a 2010 324BHDS that I bought new. It has pretty much been parked at a permanent campsite since new. We pulled out of there last fall. At some point I think about 3 years ago the power converter went bad and it was replaced under warranty. I did the work but Jayco covered the part. I now have a problem where the 12 volt system is inop when plugged into the truck or not plugged into shore power. I just got it out of storage and charged the battery last night. Charge shows full on the meter when not plugged into shore power right now.

When on shore power (110V from the house through the conversion plug to 110), the 12V works but seems weak, for instance tonight I had it plugged in and the radio on. When I turned on the lights or the bathroom fan, the radio would lose power for a second then come back on.... lights seem dim. One other thing, on battery only, the slides still work.....

Any ideas? Is my converter bad again? The fuses were all fine when I checked in the fall....

Thanks,
Ed
ejfaulk797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #2

Bump.....
Old 06-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #3

Sounds like it may be a loose connection.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:56 PM   #4

Update: Found out battery was bad so got a new battery today. Problem still not solved. I have 12.5 V all the way from battery to the D.C. circuit board in converter. The only things that work when not plugged in are the slide motors and the propane detector. Once again, even plugged in it seems as if the 12V system is very weak, i.e. Lights are dim and if the radio is on and you turn on a light, radio cuts off for a second like loses power then starts back up again.