Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2015, 01:39 PM   #1

2012 267BHS Air Conditioner

I just purchased a used TT which was in great condition. The dealer had done some work on the AC unit. At first they said we got a new unit however the service tech said they just replaced board.

When I run the AC t just doesn't seem to cool the trailer down. The unit is a 13,500. is it just a small unit not capable of cooling the trailer? Or should it be running us out of the trailer? We were in the dead of summer with no tree cover using a Honda eu3000...then I plugged in at my house, same issue. Air felt cool, not cold.

Thanks!
sueandmark03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:36 PM   #2

How big is your trailer? Also, if you have an IR thermometer check the temperature of the air going into the intake and also coming out of the vents. If there is a 15 to 20 degree difference, that is the best you can expect.
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:28 AM   #3

Hey,
I just started having a similar issue, and read your post after I started a new thread.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...tml#post333893

Cheers
Huntsvillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:59 AM   #4

Thanks Brent...I'll have to get my firefighter buddy to check the temp. My TT is 26 feet. My AC unit is 13,500.

Was in my buddies 30 foot camper and he had the door open, it was easily 90 degrees out and his place was comfortable.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:49 PM   #5

Well I gave my unit another test run on my weekend trip..hooked to a electric site. My rv felt a little cooler...however, I was parked beneath big shady pine trees.

At one point I wanted to keep the AC running for a couple hours while we enjoyed some boating....came back just after 2 hours and the ac was still on however the vents only had a trickle of air coming from them. Switched over to just the fan, only a trickle of air coming out.

I'm going to take it into the shop and report back.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:10 PM   #6

Doesn't sound right. Our trailer is close in size but we have the 15k ac unit. It blows very cold. We have camped with no shade in 90+ temps and don't have it turned up half way and we are cold inside...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:42 AM   #7

It sounds to me like you are low on refridgerant and your condenser coils are freezing up. This would be why you have very little air flow after it has been running a while. Does it blow hard when you first turn it on? If not, then i would think it could be a fan issue and not refridgerant.
ngaraiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:54 AM   #8

What the guy said about 20 deg drop in/out of unit is about what most ac units can deliver. If its super hot out and sitting in sun, makes the "in" temp higher. That said, we have 27bh and live in Houston where its plenty hot and humid and it will cool it down to where I will stay outside as the DW has it too cold. You should also get a blast of air from ducted vents, but be aware the unit has also vents you can open/close blowing air out from where it has the intake, if you don't close most of them the bedroom vents and such won't blow very hard.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:45 PM   #9

It's going in Thursday for a check-up. Air initially blows, was on for 2 hrs and the flow just about stopped.

When I purchased the trailer the sales person said they installed a new Ac unit. When I picked up the trailer the tech said not a new Ac, only a new thermostat or something. Frigging salespeople!

So there was an issue that they were looking at... I don't know what it was.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:56 AM   #10

We have a 2014 267bhs 13,500 ac! It will freeze you out after it cools down a bit! We camped at myrtle beach couple weeks back no shade and stayed right where the wife likes it FREEZiNG! If it's not an igloo she's not happy! Anyway I'd check both condenser coil and evap coil also check filter. After that have refrigerant charge checked! If dealer will cover under warranty have them do it if not find a local hvac guy that you trust!
"we do it in black pots"
Ryetye is offline   Reply With Quote