Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #1

2014 flight 22FB NEWBE?????

hello all as me and my wife just picked this up last week, we havnt doe anything yet and I want to run everything in my yard to get used to everything. when we picked it up they demonstrated a lot but it wasn't the best demonstration, we should have asked more ????'s but we were overwhelmed enough, LOL. so my first ?? is about the funace, heat, I assumed that the heat worked off the electric and propane, is this incorrect, do I need to turn propane tank on then turn on the thermostat for the heater to work. I know this is a dumb ?? but they didn't show us this??
seaswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, the propane tank must be turned on (assuming your RV dealer filled them). The furnace fan, thermostat, and igniter operates off 12V so your battery should be in operating order, and/or your 22FB connected to a 30amp shore power source.

Set your thermostat in the 'heat' mode, then set the temperature. The furnace has an electronic igniter so there isn't a need to manually light a pilot. If there is air in the LP line it may take a couple ignition cycles before the furnace produces heat.

You can also use this opportunity to light one of the stove top burners, this will confirm that LP is flowing through the main line.

Also, take some time to review your owners manuals, they can be very helpful as well....., but continue to feel free to ask any questions here.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #3

thanks, I figured that was the problem, I have 2 tanks and they are both full, im sure I will be asking more ???
seaswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #4

Your furnace blower fan will run off your electric or your battery.
Just turn on the propane tank when you get to your campsite. Then light your stove burners to get propane into your lines. It may take a few seconds for them to light because they have to purge the air in the lines. Once they all light, you can shut them off. Then just set your thermostat for the temp you want. The furnace will take over from there...just like at home. You will hear the furnace flame kick in and the blower fan come on. No need to do anything else and no need to turn the gas off when you aren't using the furnace. You'll still want your stove burners to work. Just be aware that if you are not plugged in to shore power (electrical outlet) the furnace blower fan will run your battery down pretty quickly.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote