Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #1

2014 jay flight 33bhts

Hi all! We are picking up our new 33bhts on the 28th. This is not our first rig, but it is our first jayco product. What advice if any do you guys have for things I should do right away to ensure long-term dependability? It will be stored indoors as all of our toys are!
fbatsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Jayco cut gigantic holes in the sub floor behind the bunk room cabinets for plumbing and wiring. I stuffed them with stainless steel wool then expanding foam. Also under the outside kitchen sink, under shower, and at the low point drains under the bathroom sink. When I say gigantic I mean it - the hole for the outside kitchen sink p-trap is 6x6". This will help prevent mice highways during storage! Other then that, lovely and very reliable unit.

Watch your front queen bed supports, I beefed up ours.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #3

Thanks so much! Great tips!
fbatsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #4

Spend a couple of hours in it before doing all the paper work and just look at everything and play with everything. Dealers are more likely to take immediate action if there are any flaws. If anything needs fixed have them fix it before the papers are signed.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #5

We have had our 33bhts for 2 weeks and did notice the situation with the queen bed...a little tipsy! Will need to fix it and make more stable.

Lots of storage, love the layout! Ours is stationary in a great trailer park, the only thing so far driving hubby nuts is the stereo system (not a very clear reception) and the satellite setup. I read in another thread about possibly the attenna getting rusty - will have hubby check on that. There are 3 hookups for cable/satellite...but how do you set it up so that all 3 tvs do not have to watch the "family station"...LOL?? Any ideas.......

Lisa....

2013 F150 Eco Boost
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33BHTS
Family of 5 - 3 great kids, 1 lazy dog
:Canada: Happy Ontarionian Camper :campfire:
lmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #6

As mentioned look it over thoroughly inside and out and have things fixed before signing papers if possible. Also one thing I have now learned the hard way is make sure the slides seal properly while extended or retracted. We are having issues with that right now and did not catch it before it left the lot. That being said overall we have been pleased and once we get the slide issue resolved everything will be great.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #7

Hello fbatsch, how do you like the 33bhts? I am looking at buying this model. Thanks!
Huskyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #8

We got ours last March. The only thing I don't like is the rat nest of wires under the bottom drawer in the bunkhouse. I also find it hard to retract all of the 30 amp extension cord into the little box that stores the cord when you travel. Other than that we love the layout. We really like the room it has between the foot of the bedroom and the bathroom. At least you can walk in front of the bed to go to the bathroom. Also love the pantry island. Keep an eye on the jack stabalizers at the back of the camper if you have the factory bike rack. I have had them drag the ground when backing into a campsite that had a slight dip in the road leading into the site.
the moose is loose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #9

We LOVE our BHTS....isn't the island and all the room awesome!!! We've had ours since Oct. 2013 and are located in a seasonal trailer park (we previously had a 25ft Rockwood Roo that was pushing 10 yrs old).
So far we only have 2 issues both around the tv system.
There are 3 tv setups ....1 in each bedroom and the one in the living area as well as a jack on the tv for satellite. Our issue here is all 3 tvs have to be on the same satellite channel which is stupid...LOL so, curious if anyone with the BHTS found a way around this. I really don't want to see cables running thru this trailer (not an option in this beauty).

Other minor issue is the tv cabinet is no where big enough extra tv accessories (eg: satellite receiver or even a dvd player)......just a smidge more space would be great!!!!

any ideas???

Lisa....

2013 F150 Eco Boost
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33BHTS
Family of 5 - 3 great kids, 1 lazy dog
:Canada: Happy Ontarionian Camper :campfire:
lmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote