Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #1

2014 Jayco flight 33rlts lack of bathroom privacy

I'm a new tt owner and we purchased a new 33rlts and love it. However I find there is a lack of privacy from bathroom and bedroom because the sliding door can't close tight the gap is between 1 to 2 inches because there is no smooth contact to the wall because of the slide out molding. The 2012 33rlts jayco made the door fit flush, they had a door jam as part of the slide. Has anyone found a way to solve this, I can't believe the factory stopped making the door close flush.
Roadkingdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:40 AM   #2

I noticed that the other day while browsing the yard after a shopping spree at my local CW store. Couldn't figure out why the designers don't look at these things after they're built. The only way I can see to correct this "design flaw" is with a saw. You can either cut out a piece of the slide-out molding with a razor pull saw or multi-tool saw, or you can trim out a piece of the door with a coping saw. I'd suggest the first, since the door is a hollow core and you may need to cut clear through the small wood frame between the layers of plywood. Sorry, but I just don't see a "cleaner" fix.