Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #1

2014 Jayflight 26 RLS Carpet interferes with moving Rocker recliner

Wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and found an easy solution
Love the floorplan but when moving the driver side recliner out so I can turn it sideways for travel and to miss the slide the feet on the chair catch on the carpet and on the furnace floor vent.
I had knee surgery in January from a slip and fall and picking up the chair is still a challenge!
I am thinking of just carpeting under that side myself but have not figured out how the carpet is tied down. Thinking it is glued
If they had turned the Furnace floor vent 90* in the floor would have gotten it out of the way and cropped the carpet on that side back a few a foot or so it would be a non issue for us.
Passenger side we just slide it ahead and turn it sideways and slide it back

Any thoughts or help much appreciated
Guess I need to update my signature
Just bought the 26RLS

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #2

Roadrunner, not sure if I'm getting the picture with regards to the floor surface that you might carpet. Our previous 5er only had one slide and the recliners were on vinyl flooring. I found that the small black plastic feet (1/2" button shape) on the circular metal base scraped the floor so I removed them. They pull out easily. I then cut a piece of 1/4" plywood the same diameter of the base and applied some carpet the same diameter and attached it to the bottom with small machine screws and nuts through the holes left by the plastic feet. You probably only need 4 screws and nuts. The screw heads were deep enough in to the pyle of the carpet so as not to scratch the flooring. That way they moved easily but didn't get caught on anything when moved for sweeping/vacuuming. Might be a solution for you, good luck with recuperating.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #3

I guess I need to add some more detail
The rocker recliners have 5 separate legs under them
The floor layout has vinyl flooring but a carpet strip that runs fore to aft in front of the slide which is carpeted
So between the carpet strip and the furnace vent cover I have at least 2 legs that get caught when I try to slide the chair forward to turn it

Thanks for the idea

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #4

You are welcome. You can still use the plywood idea, fastened to the legs and it will move without grabbing. The carpet face down will move but still give friction on the carpeted floor to prevent movement during transit.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:51 PM   #5

Our 2012 26RLS has carpet under the 2 chairs at the back and there's a "cabinet" between that houses the exterior power cord. The carpet seems to be tacked down at the edges and then a carpet to linoleum strip out forward of the furnace vent. Our furnace vent is in the carpet right in front of that cabinet. When we slide that same drivers side chair forward to turn the legs mostly stay on that carpet, sometimes 1 may drop off onto the linoleum. I also sort of spin the chair legs to get them where I want them ie on the carpet. As an aside we made tie down straps for each chair so they don't dance around in transit. Used some webbing and those clip things like on the baby seats in the grocery stores with a bracket of sorts fastened to the floor in the 2 back corners. Holds them in place and saves our walls.
ClintMyra is offline   Reply With Quote