Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #1

2014 White Hawk 20MRB

Hi everyone, first post here. My wife and I used to have a Class C and sold it for various reasons and didn't camp for about a year. We've got the bug again and are thinking about a smaller TT this time instead. We've been looking around for awhile and for me I was looking for something light weight that used more advanced materials in the construction (delamination was an issue on our old Class C). We looked at a CampLite 21RBS which I really liked although it is a bit spartan and not cheap at $29k.

Day before yesterday I went to a local dealer and they had a 2014 Jayco White Hawk 20MRB which I thought was really, really nice. Great layout and the murphy bed is a great design. I'm going to take my wife to look at it tomorrow. I'm still kind of concerned about construction and quality but what I saw yesterday looked pretty good! I emailed Jayco with a couple questions and they responded immediately which was a nice surprise and really made a good first impression with me! I thought I would post the info in case anyone is interested.

Here are some specs and a follow up question and answer:

Q:
Thanks for the information. Can you tell me about the "Caravan Edition" graphics? I looked at a 2014 20MRB in person at a local dealer and it did not include the words "Caravan Edition" on the front cap like I have seen online on other 2014 20MRB's. Are there multiple versions of the 20MRB?

A:
Thank you for your e-mail. When we started production on this line we were using the name Caravan Edition on a few of the floorplans including the 20MRB. We have since changed the name to White Hawk travel trailer and we are no longer using the Caravan Edition on the 20MRB or the other floorplans.

Jayco Sales
Judy
sodface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #2

2014 White Hawk 20 MRB

We looked at new 2014 White Hawk MRB and I found the drawers by bed would rub against the window dressing this could been averted with a little attention to the build. Also we found the hanging rods in the wardrobe closets along side the bed where only 20 inches from the floor closet floor and clothes would not hang correctly in the closet and yet these are 30 inch closets. It appeared that it just poor build as the rod have plenty of room to be mounted higher. Are these issues being address by Jayco? I was disappointed in the quality but generally liked the camper.
vmarlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #3

We just ordered this model and the delivery date is said to be late March early April. I just posted today in the new members forum describing our interests etc. Bought it after looking at dozens of models by various manufacturers in person but ordered this (gasp) based upon lots of You Tube videos - have not seen the MRB in person - no dealer in Vancouver area yet has them in stock. I was however smart enough to ensure there is a written contract condition that the sale is subject to our liking it when delivered to the dealer and the deposit is fully refundable. I like the fact that Jayco has a 2-year bumper to hitch warranty.
New to TT's; towed horse trailers
Gary N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:37 PM   #4

My wife and I purchased our 20 MRB back in October of 2013. We also looked at many different models by several different manufactures. We live in AZ and have already been taken several extended weekend trips and absolutely love this TT. This is our first TT as we have upgraded from a popup. We have pulled in the mountains and across the desert. We fell in love with the murphy bed floorplan and felt that this was the perfect size unit for us and our two dogs. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.
jrosenberg70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #5

We just bought a 23mbh yesterday. We looked at the 20 but wanted the bunks. Really high quality and nice features. We looked at several brands and none compared for the money. We got the electric upgrade, 26 inch tv upgrade, glacier package and 15 btu air. Paid 22547.00. It's a new 2014.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #6

I looked at the layout of the 23MBH before ordering the 20MBH, but not because we needed the bunks for kids (we have a fur kid - black lab), but because I thought the bunk area would be a great place for storing extra stuff. In the end the deciding factor was the length of our driveway. KReich, you got a great price, less than we paid in Vancouver for the 20. Where did you buy?
Old 02-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #7

Harper camper land in Kansas. They had fully loaded 20 for 21600
Old 02-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #8

I am certain that those of you that bought the 20 mbh and 20mrb are going to love them. I have had the 23m since January 13 and after 8 trips last year absolutely love the layout and the quality ! Looked at many before and have many after and wouldn't trade mine !
DBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KReich View Post
Harper camper land in Kansas. They had fully loaded 20 for 21600
Ok, not so bad then. Add 10+% for CAD/USD conversion and that takes it to about 24,000 CAD, sitting in Kansas. Add the expense to go get it or have it shipped and you're at what I paid.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #10

We just ordered a new 5th wheel from Bob at Harper camper land
TST 507 flow thru

Livinglife2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #11

Bob sold ours to us. Great dealership.