Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-14-2016, 07:36 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Sunflake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tooele
Posts: 131
Extended warranty or the factory 2yr?
__________________

Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:53 PM   #12
Member
 
Marteau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Salem
Posts: 56
27 bhs

I have a 2017 BHS but only had it about 3 weeks now. So far it's been great. Like the bunks, the outdoor kitchen is great. I don't mind the small outside fridge being Ac only. My wife loves the mattress on the queen bed, but it's a bit hard for my taste. It's a great layout for our needs.
__________________

Marteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #13
Member
 
bakeras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Dexter, MI
Posts: 63
Factory 2 yr

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 CC 5'8" 5.3L 3.42 Rainforest Green Metallic
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS Elite
bakeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:56 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Sunflake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tooele
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marteau View Post
I have a 2017 BHS but only had it about 3 weeks now. So far it's been great. Like the bunks, the outdoor kitchen is great. I don't mind the small outside fridge being Ac only. My wife loves the mattress on the queen bed, but it's a bit hard for my taste. It's a great layout for our needs.
Thanks!!
Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:17 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 182
I'm looking to downsize from a 1 ton daily driver to a half ton. This is a trailer of our choice with a factory tongue weight of 605#. I am aware the twin 20# propane and battery will add 120#. Do any of you have an actual loaded tongue weight on your 27BHS?
We are also considering the Whitehawk 28DSBH, which is 50# heavier on the tongue, but With both, we can easily offset the tongue with the rear compartment storage... With the Whitehawk being more accessible.
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:22 AM   #16
Member
 
bakeras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Dexter, MI
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfirekid View Post
I'm looking to downsize from a 1 ton daily driver to a half ton. This is a trailer of our choice with a factory tongue weight of 605#. I am aware the twin 20# propane and battery will add 120#. Do any of you have an actual loaded tongue weight on your 27BHS?
We are also considering the Whitehawk 28DSBH, which is 50# heavier on the tongue, but With both, we can easily offset the tongue with the rear compartment storage... With the Whitehawk being more accessible.
I just weighed mine a couple weeks ago. TT weight was 7840 lb after loading it up (have 2x 30 lb LP tanks, battery, no water). Tongue weight was 940 lb (right at 12%). Towing with Chevy half ton w/o NHT and tows nice.
__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 CC 5'8" 5.3L 3.42 Rainforest Green Metallic
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS Elite
bakeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:32 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 182
Thank you Bakeras! Just what I figured.
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Sunflake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tooele
Posts: 131
Where are the water tanks located on the 27BHS? I know there are 2 tanks, how do you switch between them?
Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:06 PM   #19
Member
 
bakeras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Dexter, MI
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflake View Post
Where are the water tanks located on the 27BHS? I know there are 2 tanks, how do you switch between them?
The water tanks are just in front of the axles on the entry door side. They are linked and fill/drain together.


Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 CC 5'8" 5.3L 3.42 Rainforest Green Metallic
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS Elite
bakeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:35 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Sunflake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tooele
Posts: 131
That helps thanks.
__________________

Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.