Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2016, 11:08 PM   #1

2016 Jayco 29BHDS

Just purchased my 2016 Jayco 29BHDS and have a question about the tv installation and what fits if anyone can help me. The opening is 33 1/4 wide but the 39 inch tvs are all bigger than that so how Can I fit a 39 inch tv in that opening. Does anyone have any advice on how and what they purchased tv and mount to make it work for a 39 inch tv ?

Appreciate you help with this, thanks

Joe, San Jose CA
jvieira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #2

I plan on doing the same thing when I take delivery of my 23RLSW. The TV will have to sit partially on the outside of the opening. How far depends on how thick the TV is and the contour of the backside.

This is the TV mount I have on order.

Master Mount Locking Cantilever Mount, Small - McNaughton 94139 - TV Accessories - Camping World

It articulates and locks in place. My TV opening is not accessible from the side if I need to remove it, so this is the best way to be able to access the back. Just pull the locking chain to unlock and swivel and gain access to the rear.

I'm going to have to take careful measurements on how to mount it. I may have to build out where the arm mounts to get the TV to sit flush against the opening and get it to lock.

I plan to use some foam gasket material around the edge of the opening also to keep wear and squeaks to a minimum. My mounting is critical because if you look at my floor plan, the dinette slide comes in along the TV mounting opening.

The most I can stick out is about 3". I'm not sure what your TV mounting area is like and how involved you will be with the installation. My TV opening is 32" wide x 23 1/4" high and 39" diagonal. I measured this on a unit at the dealer.

I bought a 40" Samsung to put in. This will be the 1st mod I do. It's worth it to me to do all this work and planning for the larger TV.

There are other locking TV mounts out there just google for them. The mount I'm using is a Master mount 404L. My TV has a VESA mounting pattern of 200mm x 200mm. Make sure the mount you get fits the mounting pattern of the TV you buy.

Here is another type I was thinking about

TV Brackets / Medium Double Swing TV Bracket - LW Engineering

These locking mounts aren't cheap but this is the only type I can use. Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:19 AM   #3

Yours didn't come with a TV?

We ordered our 29.5BHDS in September. For the '15s, the TV was an option we didn't order because we figured we could buy a better TV locally cheaper. The dealer also wasn't sure if our unit would be a '15 or a '16 given the time frame. It was finally delivered in December as a '16 model and it included a TV. Dealer said they were standard for '16.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:29 AM   #4

Joe,

Best advice I can give, grab a tape measure and go shopping at your local electronics store! Lol May look funny to the salesman at first, but the only way to know for sure...

Good luck!!!

Oz,

Where is Fenton, in Mi??? If so, small world!!!

You have a 5ver though, correct? May be the difference in standard vs optional....

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:53 AM   #5

Ooops. Sorry. I saw the title to the thread and thought we were talking about the 29.5BHDS which is a 5er. Didn't even realize it was in the TV section as I just clicked "new posts."

Yes, I'm in Fenton, MI. Its about 20 miles south of Flint. Grew up by West Branch. Where are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
Joe,

Best advice I can give, grab a tape measure and go shopping at your local electronics store! Lol May look funny to the salesman at first, but the only way to know for sure...

Good luck!!!

Oz,

Where is Fenton, in Mi??? If so, small world!!!

You have a 5ver though, correct? May be the difference in standard vs optional....
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Yours didn't come with a TV?

We ordered our 29.5BHDS in September. For the '15s, the TV was an option we didn't order because we figured we could buy a better TV locally cheaper. The dealer also wasn't sure if our unit would be a '15 or a '16 given the time frame. It was finally delivered in December as a '16 model and it included a TV. Dealer said they were standard for '16.
Just FYI, our 2016 29BHDS did not come with a TV. I am fairly sure for that model its still an option on 2016, we ordered it and it was on the 2016 custom order sheet.

No advice here on the larger TV, we installed a 32" which was no issue, weighs under 10lbs as its LED. I actually left the base on as well so when it travels its sitting on its base and the mount I bought has a strap to secure it, and when you aren't traveling you can pull it out and articulate it a bit.

One thing I did do was to install a 1x6 backer before putting the mount on, you can load it up with shallow wood screws not deep enough to break your mirror plus put some liquid nails etc on it, will give you a stronger mounting area and ability to use deeper screws on the mount itself or even use slightly sunk carriage bolts backwards thru the mount prior to mounting the 1x6. You can spin the TV mount and see on the bottom or side exactly how deep that backboard is, its not very!

ProPride 3P

jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
39 inch tv, television, tv installation, tv mounts