Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2020, 11:33 AM   #1

2016 Jayco 318RETS 37 foot travel tralier

My water pump is located up front and when turned on to use it sounds like a jack hammer it is also mounted to the trailer flooring also when used I have water coming from the bathroom under the cabinet sink area and floods out into the kitchen area, but when I only use the city water hook up I don't have that problem of flooding issue. I can't tell where the water is coming from when using the water pump because this is a polar package and the whole underneath under carriage is sealed with nothing exposed to include the gray and black water lines. when it does flood with water there are no signs of it leaking into the under carriage where it is sealed. This trailer has an 80 gallon water tank which is strange because there is no water level indicator to tell you when your water tank is low or full, it has an over full drain when you fill it up to let you know its full under neath the trailer has a rubber type hose that will drain when its full. Any ideals without tearing out the whole under carriage seal and maybe a an ideal to keep the water pump from sounding like a jack hammer when in use?.
Rhodesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:41 PM   #2

Do you have any water pressure when you use your water pump? Maybe the line came off or broke off of your water pump and is leaking onto your trailer floor
co267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:25 AM   #3

water pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by co267 View Post
Do you have any water pressure when you use your water pump? Maybe the line came off or broke off of your water pump and is leaking onto your trailer floor
Well its not leaking from the front I have water pressure no different than when I use the city water and I have a water pressure regulator on the water line that comes into the trailer set at 40 and the water pump and the city water lines are all on one system, if you use the water pump you turn a valve same if you use the city water. so if I was using the city water would the bathroom not flood as well if both the water pump and the city water lines are all running on the same lines? It's going to the RV service dept next month so they can install the second air conditioner for the back bedroom, I'm afraid that they will have to cut into the under carriage to trace the water lines to see what's going on, I was trying to avoid this hoping someone had the same problem. thank you for responding to my message.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:55 AM   #4

Im not sure of how your water lines are plumbed but your city water line should come into your trailer and go directly to your faucets, hot water heater, toilet and shower. While they do use the same water supply lines as your water pump, this doesn't happen until after it bypasses your water pump. Your water pump gets its water supply from your fresh water tank.

What I mean is that the city water doesn't come into your trailer, run through the water pump and to your faucets. Picture it as a Y. The city water is hooked up at the top left leg of the Y and the water pump is hooked up at the top right leg of the Y. The bottom part of the Y is the water line that goes to your sink, water heater, etc. Probably with some type of check valve to stop city water from going into your water pump and into your fresh water tank. Im guessing that a line is broken at the right leg of the Y.

Most of your water line connections and fittings are not in the underbelly of your trailer, they are hidden in cabinets and access panels and since no water is coming out of the bottom and is only coming out onto the floor, the leak is most likely above the floor. I'd look around inside cabinets and cupboards as well as access panels. They are usually screwed shut. Pull the panels off and look for broken lines and fittings. Turn your water pump on and watch the water pump for leaks.

Usually water pumps hammer because they are sucking air and water at the same time. This usually happens when you are purging the air out of the lines. If the water line is cracked before the pump, it would be sucking air and water and spitting it onto your floor. If the line is broken after the pump, it would sound normal but it wouldn't shut off because its dumping all of the water onto your floor. It could also be broken at the clear sediment filter on the pump. Either way, I would start at the pump or in the area immediately surrounding the pump.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Im not sure of how your water lines are plumbed but your city water line should come into your trailer and go directly to your faucets, hot water heater, toilet and shower. While they do use the same water supply lines as your water pump, this doesn't happen until after it bypasses your water pump. Your water pump gets its water supply from your fresh water tank.

What I mean is that the city water doesn't come into your trailer, run through the water pump and to your faucets. Picture it as a Y. The city water is hooked up at the top left leg of the Y and the water pump is hooked up at the top right leg of the Y. The bottom part of the Y is the water line that goes to your sink, water heater, etc. Probably with some type of check valve to stop city water from going into your water pump and into your fresh water tank. Im guessing that a line is broken at the right leg of the Y.

Most of your water line connections and fittings are not in the underbelly of your trailer, they are hidden in cabinets and access panels and since no water is coming out of the bottom and is only coming out onto the floor, the leak is most likely above the floor. I'd look around inside cabinets and cupboards as well as access panels. They are usually screwed shut. Pull the panels off and look for broken lines and fittings. Turn your water pump on and watch the water pump for leaks.

Usually water pumps hammer because they are sucking air and water at the same time. This usually happens when you are purging the air out of the lines. If the water line is cracked before the pump, it would be sucking air and water and spitting it onto your floor. If the line is broken after the pump, it would sound normal but it wouldn't shut off because its dumping all of the water onto your floor. It could also be broken at the clear sediment filter on the pump. Either way, I would start at the pump or in the area immediately surrounding the pump.
Thank you for the information I will try that, I took a picture of the two lines that are going into the floor in the bathroom cabinet floor it appears that the water is coming up from underneath the wood floor the lines travel there is no access to get to that area unless you cut the rubber lining undercarriage to get to that area but then again that's a hard way to see where the leaks are.

Plus now I'm dealing with a small leak coming from one of the electrical sockets in the back bedroom when it rains I get a small drip of water coming out of the socket did not notice it until I unplugged the cord to it, I'm surprised it did not sort out the trailers electrical system. can't tell where the water comes in at and it only does this when it is raining. It's hard to call or talk to a Jayco rep because no one answers the phone and I'm still trying to find the Solar prep wiring for this trailer all the wiring is supposed to be in the wall by the bathroom door. The roof has the solar mount already installed I hate to pull that top off just to see if Jayco just did not finish feeding the wiring into the wall and somehow just zip tied it under the solar mount on the roof. I have a solar panel all ready installed it came with a 15W panel mounted to the roof. I like this travel Trailer but did not realize I would have this must of a headache.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:30 PM   #6

Baptism by fire! Welcome to rv ownership. Its almost as bad as boat ownership. I was once told that you buy a new vehicle hoping to never use the warranty. You buy a new rv expecting to use the warranty.

I don't know how handy you are but the best way to learn your rv is to start ripping things apart and fixing things yourself.

Most of the rv is cheap, light, flimsy material. You can tear it out and easily replace it with residential material as long as you are mindful of the weight of the new material.

My biggest concern at this point would be the water leaking into your trailer. Look on the roof for cracks and tears especially near the seams and joints. Next I would rip into the wall and make sure there isn't any mold.

On the plus side, the repairs that you make should last many years.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Baptism by fire! Welcome to rv ownership. Its almost as bad as boat ownership. I was once told that you buy a new vehicle hoping to never use the warranty. You buy a new rv expecting to use the warranty.

I don't know how handy you are but the best way to learn your rv is to start ripping things apart and fixing things yourself.

Most of the rv is cheap, light, flimsy material. You can tear it out and easily replace it with residential material as long as you are mindful of the weight of the new material.

My biggest concern at this point would be the water leaking into your trailer. Look on the roof for cracks and tears especially near the seams and joints. Next I would rip into the wall and make sure there isn't any mold.

On the plus side, the repairs that you make should last many years.
Thank you for the response back it's going to the RV service dept in June to get the second air conditioner installed it's pre wired since my trailer is a 50amp one air conditioner does not cool down a 37 foot trailer I was hoping to get it in early during the coronavirus since most if not all states are restricting travel but for some reason everyone is pulling their RV's out of storage. the leak in the electrical socket in the back bedroom just started I bought this new in 2016.