Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-26-2018, 01:50 PM   #1

2016 Jayco Furnace issue

I have a 2016 Jayco and the furnace is giving me problems...... I turn it on and it comes on and works good, pilot lites, and hot air blows out. When the temperature is satisfied it cycles off, then it will not come on again.....if you turn it off and leave it alone for a while it will come back on and work normal until the temperature is satisfied, then it does the same thing. I thought it was over heating, but that does not seem the case. It is baffling to me....
I would appreciate any help I can get.....Thanks
Bowlingdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #2

Out of curiosity, have you cycled the breaker when it won't restart?
Fr8Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:12 PM   #3

I remember reading another thread with this same problem, if I recall correctly, it was the thermostat. I could be wrong, someone will chime in.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:19 PM   #4

no, I just turn it off and wait a while and it will start again....
Old 11-26-2018, 02:21 PM   #5

Thanks, I was thinking it might be and maybe that is something I can check out....I will wire around the T-Stat and see it that works and if it does replace the stat.
Thanks
Old 11-26-2018, 02:28 PM   #6

The non-digital thermostats can have a WIDE temp swing. How great of a temperature drop occurs if you don't turn it off etc? Getting an inexpensive digital thermometer will really help investigating the issue... and to check fridge and freezer temps.

Many of us have replaced the OEM thermostat with a digital one. You might consider doing that and seeing if that was the issue.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:41 PM   #7

The furnance does not come on at all again if I don't turn it off, we were up in the cold and it never came on all night and in the morning it was very cold.....I also tried turning the temp on low and then waiting for it to go off, and turning it all the way up and letting it sit, never came back on.....it is very odd....if I find it is the stat I will go to a digital one. Thanks
Old 11-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #8

My bets are on the thermostat.
2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost
skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:00 PM   #9

What's the verdict?
Old 11-28-2018, 12:23 AM   #10

It sounds like the thermostat is bad. Do you still have the old "analog" version of the thermostat? If so, you need a digital thermostat anyway, so if I were you, I'd start by changing out the thermostat in any case.

Even if this doesn't turn out to be your problem, you'll be ahead with the digital thermostat anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowlingdad View Post
I have a 2016 Jayco and the furnace is giving me problems...... I turn it on and it comes on and works good, pilot lites, and hot air blows out. When the temperature is satisfied it cycles off, then it will not come on again.....if you turn it off and leave it alone for a while it will come back on and work normal until the temperature is satisfied, then it does the same thing. I thought it was over heating, but that does not seem the case. It is baffling to me....
I would appreciate any help I can get.....Thanks

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:36 PM   #11

My brother-in-law had the same problem with his furnace a few years ago. Turned out to be the circuit board was bad. Bought a new one on Ebay and installed it and the furnace has been working good ever since. His went bad when we were camping together in the fall, he had to turn the furnace off then back on after every time it heated and shut down all night long to stay warm in the camper. He did not appreciate that very much to say the least.
rccs is offline   Reply With Quote