Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2015, 07:35 AM   #121

*P.S. he came home yesterday after looking at the 350 all smiles - and saying it's a 'manly' truck so it's not all bad

OhioRVMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #122

Very nice. Again good decisions being made. Post up some pics of the setup when you get them jone

SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:41 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRVMom View Post
I know that hubs likes the quad bunks or 4 in the back that you can get with the other models (I initially stressed that I wanted those as well - but as women do, we change our minds sometimes ) I am now leaning toward the double bunks as they will fit 2 kids and adults, where as the single bunks *May* only fit kids. i.e., once the kids grow up will the bunks work or will we have to change?
Quad bunks was very important for us too. We started with a single over double rear bunks. Just not enough room for us. We considered the BHBE and other double over double options, but the quad bunk bunk room was really the best fit for us. We had to find a 29QBH, which was replaced with 29QBS, because the newer model added an outdoor kitchen at the expense of a bunk. We had no interest in an outdoor kitchen. Plus the 29 class trailers are ~32'-33' but if we went to the 32 class we jump to 36' which just cost us to many of our favorite spots.

Oh, we have had several adults and kids sleep in our bunk room. The bunks on one side are 3' wide where as the is 2.5'. The larger side is fine for an adult. Besides this is camping, the alternative is a tent and an air mattress.
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #124

Also consider the weight rating of the bunks when trying to decide on a trailer. Ours have a minimum of 300lbs, bunk in the slide, and 600lbs for the bunk over the outdoor kitchen.

If it's meant to be, all will work out!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:55 PM   #125

Just one other thing to think about, depending on where you like to camp, some sites might be difficult to maneuver in with a large truck and 32' trailer. As we were looking at the different floorplans, we looked at the 32BHDS. We really liked the plan, but beside being a bit too big for our truck, we also realized that many state campground sites would be very difficult for a trailer that long. Maybe that's not as big an issue as we felt it might be. But I type this from a state campground, and the site we are in, which is one of our favorites, would be hard to back into with a 32' trailer. That was another reason we went with the 28BHBE.

Either way, congrats on the new TV and whatever TT you end up getting. At the end of the day, it's all about having fun as a family and making memories that last forever.
luv2drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:56 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRVMom View Post
I really do like the 28BHBE Elite. It's the best of both worlds to me, but, I know that hubs likes the quad bunks or 4 in the back that you can get with the other models (I initially stressed that I wanted those as well - but as women do, we change our minds sometimes ) I am now leaning toward the double bunks as they will fit 2 kids and adults, where as the single bunks *May* only fit kids. i.e., once the kids grow up will the bunks work or will we have to change? if this is a long term (10 year) investment, I'd like to go with the most logical approach for that.

we'll see - he's off to measure the dutchmen bunks now. LOL I'm a VERY lucky woman - with as cautious as I am about things and preplanning, it's a wonder i haven't driven him insane. But, we'll be celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary later this month, and we've been together over 20, so hopefully we can put this behind us and just enjoy now that the decisions are being made and we're finally moving forward.
We have an Eagle 284BHBE which we love the floorplan including the double bunks. The BIG selling point for us was the bathroom. Some may think I'm crazy, but this one of the biggest bathrooms you will find in a TT. You can actually turn around i the bathroom and the large shower is hard to find in any other model or manufacturer. Everyone who looks at our 284BHBE comments on how big the bathroom is.

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:06 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcloss View Post
We have an Eagle 284BHBE which we love the floorplan including the double bunks. The BIG selling point for us was the bathroom. Some may think I'm crazy, but this one of the biggest bathrooms you will find in a TT. You can actually turn around i the bathroom and the large shower is hard to find in any other model or manufacturer. Everyone who looks at our 284BHBE comments on how big the bathroom is.
We also like the big bathroom.. It's still on our radar. there was just something about the coziness of it that we really liked. it's tough because it would be nice to have some extra room -but most of the time, we'll probably just be the 3 of us. then second to that it will be 7 of us (4 kids 3 adults). we figure if we need to do the whole family we can take a cot or 2 and still make it work. Not sure about having all that extra room for the majority of trips for the 3 of us. the 28BHBE is a really happy medium. I think we may end up having to order it - and that scares me - as I have heard the quality has really declined in the last couple of years. But to get what we want (elite, with a 15k A/C, and the thermal package) we might have to go that route.

curious to know what the size and weight capacities are of the 32bhds. I cant remember the size on the 28bhbe bunks either - i know they are 'full' size or double but campers tend to be smaller on the bed sizes so was wondering on the actual measurements

thanks again
OhioRVMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:27 PM   #128

We ordered ours in May and had it within 6 weeks. So ours is a 2016. We got the Elite package, Thermal Package, 15K a/c, rear hitch (for our bike rack) and TV. It's our first Jayco, but I think the quality is outstanding. The only issue we have found with ours is the black and gray tank sensors are reversed on the annunciation panel. But literally nothing else. We also love the big bathroom, especially the shower. I'm not a big guy, but am 6' tall and the shower is awesome to use in the mornings. No more squeezing into a small shower like we had with our prior unit, a Palomino Solaire.

Our 15 year old is 6' and loves the longer top bunk. Our 13 year old loves the "den" feel of the lower bunk. :-) he calls it his bedroom.

I'm happy to take any measurements or photos if you'd like any. Also, check out Haylettautoandrv.com. They have some of the best walk through videos online. We didn't get ours from there, but watched a lot of videos to look at a lot of trailers before we stepped foot on a lot.

Like I said, we love ours, but looked at the 32BHDS too. Both are great trailers. Just depends what all you want! But I wouldn't let ordering scare you if you decide to do that. We did and are happy to get exactly what we wanted.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:30 PM   #129

Also, the bunks are 80" x 40". Like I said, my 6' 15 year old loves it and won't outgrow it.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:34 PM   #130

I have the 28bhs 5500 pounds pulling with F-150 with towing package. It pulls fine so far.

djvmax07 is offline   Reply With Quote