Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #1

2016 White Hawk 25BHS

We purchased our first travel trailer in February. It was used but looked brand new and the warranty was still intact! The previous owner only used it only a couple times in the year and a half they owned it and decided camping just wasn't their thing. The only warranty work they had done on it was to replace a speaker. Other than that one item - they had zero other problems with it.

Now I am worried we got a lemon :-(. Since we purchased it, we've had several issues - some safety related. The first issue I found was that the trailer brakes didn't not work. On the way home from purchasing it I noticed my controller wouldn't show connected. I spent some time and troubleshot the problem to the junction box on the front frame rail. The brake wire going to the electric brakes was not even attached to the trailer pigtail. How something like that got through all of the inspections is mind blowing! Original owner had a huge Dodge truck and had never towed before so didn't even realize it.

I am not one of those people who complain about everything so please don't assume that is my point. Things will break with use and these are built cheap so I somewhat knew what I was getting into. Now for my list of things that have been issues that I feel is unacceptable:

Bedroom sliding doors and brace fell from the ceiling
Power and ground wires sliced by slide out causing tons of other issues
Dinette light fell from ceiling

Last night as I was under the trailer fixing the wires sliced from the slide out when I noticed the tires have been making contact with the inner fender wells. Unfortunately there is some damage so it wasn't just some slight rubbing. I remembered reading a Jayco recall that there were some 25BHS trailers that were shipped with the wrong axles..... guess what?? Sure enough I have two 3K axles with a trailer gross listed at 7250. Thankfully Jayco has decided to replace them "In Good Faith" as they put it. Scary thing is my trailer was not covered by the recall. To those who own this model, go under your trailer and verify your axles have a sticker that says they are rated for 3500lbs. If not, contact your local dealer immediately!
DadBodMarathonRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:36 AM   #2

Bummer sorry you are having endure such issues. I feel blessed that I have had zero minor to major problems. I would call what I have had to fix "just cleaning and tightening up what the factory line failed to do". I have the same model myself and it's the 2016.5 when that made so major changes. Do you know which one you have? It sounds that you may have one of the earlier 2016's that came off the line with issues like the axle recall.

So far we have been around 9 trips along with a lot of driveway camping with the wife to escape the kids . I like to pull out the slides, awning, and use any other items that could fail. A 2 year warranty goes by fast and if you don't put some use into the trailer it may fail after the warranty cause you may only camp 3-6 times a year. What I hear from friends that are needing warranty work here in WA is the wait time can exceed 2 months before any work gets done. Also you have to leave the trailer with service dept. a buddy of mine can't camp all summer cause if a leak around the front cap. It's not a Jayco but it could happen to any of us.

Hope you can resolve any issues so you can get out there camping. You may have gotten a great but it sounds like the previous owners may have returned cause having a trailer with issues I'm sure can be a nightmare.

Take care
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadBodMarathonRunner View Post
We purchased our first travel trailer in February. It was used but looked brand new and the warranty was still intact! The previous owner only used it only a couple times in the year and a half they owned it and decided camping just wasn't their thing. The only warranty work they had done on it was to replace a speaker. Other than that one item - they had zero other problems with it.
Warranty is not transferable.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #4

That sucks but that's probably why he said Jayco is doing the work "in good faith". I have heard a few people that have had Jayco fix stuff that was beyond the warrant on good faith to make things right.
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote