Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #1

2016 Whitehawk 33bhbs

New to forum! Recently got into RV world. Purchased a 2016 Whitehawk 33bhbs. Truck is a 18’ Ram 3500 Cummins. I want to replace my equalizer and the shackles and bolts. I’ve spent a lot of time looking at Morryde. However, morryde apparently only mass produces a 33” and 35” wheel base equalizer. I have a 42” wheel base. I called them up, took a ton of measurements and it appears I need a CRE2-1475. Has anyone else had this experience with this trailer? I just want to make real sure this is right.

Also, the tires on my trailer are load range D. I want to upgrade to the Goodyear Endurance E’s but I’m not sure the aluminum rims can handle an E tire. Any thoughts or experiences with this?

I really dig this trailer and the floor plan it’s super unique, but roads in Michigan are probably the worst in the country and I want to make sure this trailer is bulletproof.
sprysj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:43 AM   #2

I put goodyear endurance E range on my 16' jay feather with factory15" aluminum wheels. I also wondered if it would be alright and found it wasn't a problem. Goodluck with the other upgrades.
deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano View Post
I put goodyear endurance E range on my 16' jay feather with factory15" aluminum wheels. I also wondered if it would be alright and found it wasn't a problem. Goodluck with the other upgrades.
Deano, how were u sure the E’s were ok? I’ve read there is a weight Rating stamped in the rims?
sprysj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:28 AM   #4

Mine are stamped on the inside can't rememder stamp code. Checked with discount tire with what I have they said I'm alright so ordered them they put them on. Used all summer with no issues. I dont think a reputable company would install a dangerous situation just for a sale. Check your wheel code and check with them . They will price match also.
deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprysj View Post
New to forum! Recently got into RV world. Purchased a 2016 Whitehawk 33bhbs. Truck is a 18’ Ram 3500 Cummins. I want to replace my equalizer and the shackles and bolts. I’ve spent a lot of time looking at Morryde. However, morryde apparently only mass produces a 33” and 35” wheel base equalizer. I have a 42” wheel base. I called them up, took a ton of measurements and it appears I need a CRE2-1475. Has anyone else had this experience with this trailer? I just want to make real sure this is right.
Was curious if you had installed the CRE2-1475? I too deal with the MI roads and am having an axle replaced and would like to upgrade the suspension at the same time. If you did, where did you purchase?

2019 Whitehawk 24MBH
2017 Ford F-150 CC 5.0L 3.55
rohuber is offline   Reply With Quote