Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2016, 03:41 PM   #1

2017 32bhds backup camera prep

Hello All ,

Just received delivery of our new jay flight 32bhds earlier this week . I noticed there was a sticker in the forward bedroom stating this TT was prewired/ preped for a backup camera . I've searched around the obvious locations ( forward storage & bunkhouse ) of the TT for prewiring and I haven't been able to find any signs . I've also searched online but info was very limited . Before I call my dealer and speak with someone who " might" know , I wanted to see if anyone here has any direct knowledge about the backup camera system for this TT . All help is appreciated !!

Thanks

Jake
Jakeo1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #2

Mine had the same sticker, I couldn't find any wiring either. I called the dealer, and they didn't know.

I mounted a camera on the roof ladder, and powered it from the tail light.

Kenelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:36 PM   #3

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f2...a-36201-2.html

There are other posts about this but here's one. I think most of the 2017 campers have it. It just consists of wiring behind the rear center marker light to power a wireless camera. The attached thread shows it on page 2 post 11...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:43 PM   #4

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...era-39334.html

Here's another one...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #5

I had the dealer install the Furrion camera as well. They price matched Amazon, which saved over a $100. The signal seems to cut out fairly frequently, but comes right back on, so not a problem. The field of view is pretty narrow however. If something or someone was out close to the corner, I think you wouldn't see it in the camera. If I was shopping for a camera again, I would look for whichever one says it has the widest field of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bearcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:44 PM   #6

Since were drifting to the camera systems....

I got all the parts for my camera system at amazon, and put them together. I chose to go with a hard wire system by the recommendations on forums.

Two cameras, one for the TV bumper looking at the hitch, so I can hookup by myself with ease. And a camera on back of the trailer. The cameras with night vision were $15 each.

The color monitor with two inputs was $35. The RCA cable was $5 for each 25 foot shot, I needed three. And a double female coupler for the TV/trailer connection.

When I get hitched up, I switch from the TV camera to the back of the trailer camera. I like to occasionally switch back to the TV camera to see how the hookup is doing.

When I got the new '17 JayFlight, I just moved the camera/cable from the old, to the new. Works for me.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenelz View Post
I chose to go with a hard wire system by the recommendations on forums.
Looking at doing something like this myself and would like to use a wired system.

How did you route the wire from the camera to the monitor? Especially between the trailer and the vehicle?
sgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:32 PM   #8

I ran two RCA cables from the back TV bumper, one went to the bumper camera, the other ended right at the trailer/TV Receptacle, to the front of the truck

I ran a RCA cable from the camera on the back of the trailer, along the frame to the front, and taped it to the trailer's plug. I put a double female on the trailer RCA plug so it can plug it in the cable coming from the front of the truck.

Both RCA cables run along the truck's frame, and come up in front of the drivers door. I drilled a hole and ran the cable up behind the panel, and to the fuse area near the left front vent. I got power for the monitor from that fuse panel (Duramax).

I see Amazon has a kit with a two input monitor like mine, might be the way to go, and just get another camera, and the RCA cable. They are cheap! Here is the link: http://https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005P5UMY4/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1