Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #1

2017 34rsbs

We're considering moving up from a 27RLS to the 34RSBS. I asked about towing in another post, but I'd like to hear from anyone with this model?

Pros/cons/things you didn't know before hand?

Thanks!
2 x Golden Retrievers
dangerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:29 PM   #2

We are doing the same thing. Crazy Maybe, but love the floor plan of the 34 rsbs and I have promised that I will never ask for a bigger trailer.
WhiteHawk44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:39 PM   #3

HA!

GREAT CEASAR'S GHOST!!!! Someone replied! WhiteHawk 44 is my new best friend.

Congrats! It's like they say...it's a 5th wheel floorplan without the 5th wheel.

I should probably add we are getting a 2018. Ordering it to get what we want. They are somewhat hard to find.
2 x Golden Retrievers
Old 05-09-2017, 08:09 PM   #4

Good luck to us both! We happened across a 2017 that doesnt have the table and 4 chairs, still has the benches. I love sitting at the table with my feet up on the bench, plus the extra storage. We have a 2500 TV as well(not diesel ) so towing shouldnt be a problem. Happy Travels , and I guess we will figure out the towing, turning and backing up. Will give the other campers some entertainment until we get it right!
Old 05-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #5

thanks

Good for you! We have to wait several weeks. We like the benches too for the storage. You should be good to tow. We have the 2500 too. We tow the 27RLS with a full 80 gal load of water (we dry camp) and that truck pulls like a beast. No effort at all.
2 x Golden Retrievers
Old 06-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #6

Layout is really nice.
What we like:
1. Changing area in front of the bed that the slide out gives us (we are both "portly")
2. Bedroom Dressers and chest of drawers, no more having clothes stacked on top of each other in the storage areas.
3. Bathroom next to the bedroom, no more walking thru the camper to the opposite end, also it is nice that it is removed from the living area, thats nice when company is over.
4. Although we do not watch TV very much, the Theatre seating with TV directly in front of us. No more twisted necks from watching the baseball or basketball playoffs. 2018 model adds a huge TV.
5. Wide open living area for gathering for games, playpens, grandkids.
6. Black flush in the tank
7. Bigger fridge
8. Island, that is really cool looking, and functional
9. Plenty of counter space (yes, we do cook inside at times)
10. Pull out faucet
11. Nice size shower that actually is very nice.
12. Awesome linen cabinet in bathroom
13. LED interior lighting
14. LED Awning lighting
15. 80 Gallon fresh water for when we are not at full serve sites
16. looks like a decent storage access door under the bedroom slide for 4' Tables to slide in there.
17. 2nd AC for bedroom
18. Roof ladder
My son is trying to talk me into ordering one, but I probably need to upgrade TowVehicle, currently have a Tundra which is a beast but 34rsbs exceeds capacity.
looking at a Big Horn w 4.10 gears, 6.4 gas.
Will trade in our 2009 Jayco G2 29 Bunk House. Will miss the 18' Awning.
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #7

Love our 34rsbs

We picked up our 34rsbs 2 weeks ago and have it out for one 3 day weekend. Absolutely love the floor plan and the room we have in it. Bluegill 1 , Agree with all the plusses you mentioned- but.. not all 34 rsbs are the same even with the elite packages We did not order ours so took the options that came with it-It has pretty much everything but
- all models of the 34rsbs do not come with 2 freshwater tanks, it appears that is called the BAJA model(although dont know if a nearly 10,000 lb vehicle could be baja appropriate-
- At this point we are not taking it back for any warranty work, everything important seems to be working but honestly if we didnt have a trade in I think we would have looked for a slightly used model that was built when they had more quality control Here is a partial list of workmanship issues
-a slideout flange was warped so it didnt close all the way on one section(dealer fixed that)
- tv was mounted significantly crooked(they fixed that too)
-a rain gutter was unattached at one end
-one outdoor speaker is not working
-most of the staples on one piece of inside slideout molding are not making contact with anything
- a piece of wallboard in the bedroom was not attached
-and lastly(although probably not lastly) although plumbed correctly, the hot cold shower knobs are reversed.
Also we have the king size bed which isnt any longer than the queen but 12 inches wider so you lose the little side tables

I love the kitchen layout. The sink is on the peninsula area so you are looking out the window when washing dishes. The storage is amazing, we havent even figured out what to put in some of the cupboards.

Hubby was maybe a little concerned about the length going from 30 to 37 feet, but he doesnt notice any difference in towing and had no trouble backing into the campsit, so we are overall thrilled with this model , highly recommend it if you dont need bunks.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #8

thanks

Thank you for the great information. I have never heard of an Elite Package that did not include the 80 gallon tanks on any JayFlight. That's one of the central features of the Elite Package. I'd like to know how authoritative your source was?

We're hoping ours will have few fit and finish issues. We'll see. We had a few with our 27RLS. Maybe since we're having it built to spec they will be careful.

Thanks!
2 x Golden Retrievers
Old 06-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #9

Well our spec sheet lists Elite Package, and all of the other things listed under Elite package are there, but there is only one freshwater read out on the control panel, and I only see one fill valve on the out side that says Potable water only, so I can only think there isnt a second tank, but you are correct it should have one.