Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2017, 01:52 AM   #1

2017 bunkhouse missing ladder??

Hi,
Just a quick question.
I just saw a 2018 bunkhouse trailer with a ladder for the top bed.
we have a 2017 and there is no ladder is there anybody else with the same issue or did it came with a ladder??

Our monkeys are 7 and love to climb, getting off the bed is a different story at O dark thirty when they need to run to the bathroom and call us to get them off the top bed.

Thanks
Henk
Henkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:57 AM   #2

Our 2016 Jay Flight 26BH did not come with a ladder either. Some models have it built in.

We purchased the Stromberg Carlson LA-460B 60” ladder. It has worked great. Well built, light weight and kids love it. The only thing I had to do to it was take about 2” off each end to get the height right to have the proper angle that is noted in the instructions. It comes with brackets to hook the ladder on but we just hook it over the edge of the top bunk trim. We keep it hooked during the night and store it on the top bunk when not in use. Your 27BHS has the same bunk / bathroom configuration as our TT so the ladder makes it kinda tight getting around it to the bathroom but it’s not too bad. They have a couple of different colors also. We chose the black since it matched the TT accents. Not sure if your TT has it or not but I was thinking of also adding a grab handle for the top bunk, just haven’t yet.

Here is a link for it:

https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Car.../dp/B00HET17RK

Here is ours set up, this pic was before we got the correct angle so it doesn’t stick out so far now.

Here is an example of the grab handle on a different model:

Happy Camping!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:14 AM   #3

I guess it depends on the model. Our 2017 28BHBE has a bunk ladder.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #4

We have a 2015 White Hawk MBH. No ladder either. In the marjet for one...
CPAJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:41 PM   #5

2016 29BHDS, no ladder either. Used the Stromberg-Carlson solution referenced above. Very easy to remove and throw on the bunk or under the couch if your not using that bed, and out of the way enough you can leave it up if you are utilizing the upper bunk on that particular trip.

I think on some models it would be very hard for adults to get in the lower bunk with a permanent wooden ladder there, really depends on how wide the opening is.

ProPride 3P

jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #6

Our 2009 Greyhawk Class C with bunks and the cabover did not come with a ladder. Our current Jayflight Bungalow with 4 bunks also did not come with a ladder. We bought the same ladder pictured above, except in silver, for the motorhome. We moved it to the Bungalow, but don't use it. Our kids use the bottom bunks. The top bunks are for friends/cousins. If they need the ladder, we have it, but they usually climb up from the bottom bunk or jump down from the top bunk.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:17 PM   #7

Thanks for the pics and info.

Looking in to the ladder that can be removed so it doesnt block the bottom bed.

Henk
Henkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:17 PM   #8

I bought the same ladder sa Duke 26 in post #2... from the same place. Works great. I've had my 230 pounds on it with no problem. It came with 2 bracket types. It gets removed and stored in the top bunk when not in use. When it's there the bottom bunk is still easily accessible.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2407.jpg