Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #1

2017 Jay Flight 24RBS

Scheduled to pick up our new unit tomorrow. We are downsizing from a Keystone Laredo 5th Wheel that was bigger and heavier than the two of us needed, reducing our length over 5 feet and total weight almost 5000 pounds. Hopefully the smaller unit will tow well behind my F250 diesel with Equalizer 4 point hitch. Any general comments from owners of this model? This is our first Jayco product.
Road Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:23 PM   #2

My floor plan is very similar to yours. It is just my wife and the dog. We love it It works great for two people

2014 Jay Flight 24 FBS
2015 RAM 2500 4x4 Laramie MC Turbo Diesel
Wendy the Wife & Bailey the Lab
Tom_OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:54 AM   #3

Good choice on the hitch. And with a 3/4 ton diesel, you'll have no worries at all. I think you're gonna like being lighter and shorter. Have fun and be safe!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:44 PM   #4

I have the same model in 2016. I love The unit. I am single, but occasional have guests and it will easily accommodate Three to four friends/family. Towing is better for me now that I have added the sway bar. Of course I started with the WDH, but the sway bar made all the difference to me. I am coming from a pop up to this so in my case, more length and weight. But worth every inch and pound. Enjoy.
Giljmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #5

2017 Jay Flight 24RBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Dawg View Post
Scheduled to pick up our new unit tomorrow. We are downsizing from a Keystone Laredo 5th Wheel that was bigger and heavier than the two of us needed, reducing our length over 5 feet and total weight almost 5000 pounds. Hopefully the smaller unit will tow well behind my F250 diesel with Equalizer 4 point hitch. Any general comments from owners of this model? This is our first Jayco product.
Congratulations on the new Jay Flight.

We have the same hitch as you, but our truck and trailer are a bit larger; it tows very well.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:32 AM   #6

We, too, traded in our 5th wheel Laredo for this model last September. Took 2 trips to get used to the smaller space. Husband 6'2" and 2 small dogs. First trip it rained for 2 days non stop and I had a little cabin fever. 2nd trip to Garner State Park in the Fall. we were outside most of the day and it was a lot better. Lots of storage . Packing the trailer for our trip to Canada next week!
Jhooks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooks2 View Post
We, too, traded in our 5th wheel Laredo for this model last September. Took 2 trips to get used to the smaller space. Husband 6'2" and 2 small dogs. First trip it rained for 2 days non stop and I had a little cabin fever. 2nd trip to Garner State Park in the Fall. we were outside most of the day and it was a lot better. Lots of storage . Packing the trailer for our trip to Canada next week!
Thank you for sharing this information. We are optimistic that this is a good downsize for us. Wish we were going to Canada, too. My bucket list trip would be to go through Canada and stay a month or so in Alaska. Have a great time in Canada, and safe travels!
Road Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote