Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2017, 05:47 PM   #1

2017 slx 267bhsw

Hello- we're trailer newbies, we bought ours about 6 weeks ago, and started living full time in it this week. Our radio doesn't seem to be getting power and our outlet under the dinette table does not work. We're not sure if the two issues are related. We know the radio worked when we picked it up, but not sure about the outlet. Any ideas? Thanks!
aliciamariepalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:49 PM   #2

Look for your power inverter, looks like a rectangular piece of plastic mounted in the face of the cabinetry or under the dinette. It has a fan in the center that hums. Open that and look at the breakers, are any tripped or shutoff? If the answer in no, does the radio light up at all? If yes, check the fade control as you may have the outside speakers on. The outlet under the dinette, is it a GFCI? If so, check to make sure the button is pushed in on the face of the outlet. Also, on the radio make sure the face plate is pushed in the whole way, could be a bad connection between the face and base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DamonZ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:43 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply! The outlet is not a GFI, and the radio does not light up at all and the faceplate is completely on. Will look for the inverter.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:54 AM   #4

Has the radio ever worked?
We just took delivery of a 267BHSW a couple months ago and the radio is a bit funky.
It seems you can't just turn it on, you have to press the button(s) for a few moments before ours cones on.
When you turn it off, one press is all and it says goodbye and shuts off.
Don't have an idea on the receptacle under the dinette
Any 267 specific questions, please feel free to PM me.
We are probably a couple months ahead of you on the discovery timeline
deewaltguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:01 AM   #5

The radio worked when my husband accepted it, then it sat for a few weeks with no power, then had it hooked up to the house power for a week, we never tried to turn it on during that time, I've held the power button for over 30 seconds and nothing. I can't get camping world to call me back, and unfortunately we're living in it full time now, so it would be really inconvenient to bring it in
Old 05-07-2017, 07:18 AM   #6

Thanks for replying! I would be happy to hear any other tips or tidbits you've discovered! Happy camping
Old 05-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #7

The outlet under the dinette is indeed GFCI protected. It will be fed off one of the GFCI outlets in the kitchen or bathroom. Check all the rest of the outlets to see if any others are out.

The radio will be fed by a blade type automotive fuse in the power converter. Check those fuses, might be a blown one.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:08 AM   #8

Thanks for replying! The only GFCI outlet is in the bathroom, and it's not tripped. We found the fuse for the radio, but the label says it also controls the awning which is working fine. I'm guessing the two problems are not related. Can anyone tell me if the fan in the control panel should be running all the time? Ours is not
Old 05-07-2017, 08:13 AM   #9

The fan in our breaker box does not run constantly.
It appears to kick on when something draws on the 12v side and then kicks off sometimes as soon as the load is removed
Old 05-07-2017, 08:25 AM   #10

Try pulling the fuse for the radio, leave it out for a minute or 2 and put it back in. Might work for a hard reset on the radio.

For the outlet, if you are comfortable working on 120 AC circuits, pull the outlet out of the wall and check for voltage at the wires. There should be a breaker labeled with what powers what. You can shut it off there or simply unplug the camper from shore power. The wires are just stripped back a little and pushed into a spring clip in the back of the receptacle. It is a very poor connection but is cheap and easy and that is why they are done that way. I always wrap the wire around the screw and tighten that or use industrial grade receptacles that have a plate on the screw to compress the wire and hold it. If everything is fine there and there is still no power at the wires, you will have to open another receptacle to see if it is daisy-chained from.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:27 AM   #11

Is this the radio you have?

Mine seems to need some fooling with the top two buttons simultaneously.
I just held the mode and band and pressed and released them a few times and it comes on

Good luck with yours
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco Radio.jpeg  
Old 05-07-2017, 09:00 AM   #12

Yes, that's ours too. Tried that, no luck. I even pulled it out of the harness and checked the connections and the fuse. All look good, guessing the thing just died. I'm going to try to talk jayco into sending us a new one
Old 05-07-2017, 09:02 AM   #13

Here's my thinking. If it worked at the dealership and the fuse is good, what are the odds it died between the dealer and home.
I'm still betting on the combination button scenario

GL
Old 05-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #14

Considering that it's $40 on Amazon for a new one, highly likely ��. Just kidding. Thanks for your help, I appreciate you taking the time
Old 05-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciamariepalmer View Post
Considering that it's $40 on Amazon for a new one, highly likely ��. Just kidding. Thanks for your help, I appreciate you taking the time

OK, so I went out and figured out the magic sequence for mine. Hit the Band Button (top right) once and then hit the Power (mode ) button and it should turn on. Even if it only saved you $40, there's always another place to spend $40 in the camper.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:28 AM   #16

So, I ordered a new $35 stereo receiver....sure enough, that was the problem! Now to tackle the outlet! Thanks for all the input 😄

Tags
power center, radio