Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-01-2018, 01:58 PM   #1

2017 White Hawk 27dsrl

Thinking of upgrading to a 2017 White Hawk 27dsrl (new from dealer). Any owners care to comment on experience with their units?

Thanks,

grampacc
grampacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #2

Our 2015 JayFlight 27RLS has a very similar floorplan (ours has a kitchen pantry & we ordered the table and chairs option) and it has worked very well for us.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:50 AM   #3

Hi, I have the 2014 version, very similar except ours have cupboards above the couch. The way the kitchen worktop curves out makes the single seat by the door a bit cut off and anything on the counter blocks the view of the TV. We removed that seat and use the corner for our dog bed. The shower unit looks updated, I hope so because a lot of people reported leaks, me included, see if the dealer will let you run the shower and direct it at the joints to see if it is water tight. We upgraded the bathroom fan, there was no ventilation in the bedroom except for the windows, parked in the sun the front wall became too hot to touch, a fan in the bedroom ceiling is worth considering.
Overall I like the layout, the craftsmanship leaves a lot to be desired but nothing has broke that I haven't been able to fix and upgrade myself.
JonathanCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:33 AM   #4

Thank-you for your feedback.

grampacc
grampacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:06 PM   #5

We have a 2015 27DSRL and we love it. We added a foam topper to make the bed more comfortable and I purchased a 3 speed fan for the bathroom to get more ventilation. We chose the table and chairs option for comfort. Everything else has worked flawlessly.
Craiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #6

We have a 2015 27DSRL, our sixth. Over all a good unit.

Quality wise, good as others nothing great. I looked at a 16 new before I bought this one used and the salesman just kept repeating "yea we will fix that" I could not believe how many "fit and finish" things were mess up, which is what catches your eye at the lot.

If anything would sway me away, it is the AC. Mine has a single 13.5K and it barely keeps up at least down here in Texas. Trailer stays warm and I have done all the recommended "keep your trailer cool" fixes. Nothing I can do unless I want to spring for a 15K and I'm not sure how much that will improve it.

I had rockers in mine and replaced them with recliners. Its a little tight in the back for my taste, but we make due.

Slide has worked well, no issues, had to do some realigning, but not uncommon.

Mine was used so the tires were worn, but not worn out. I still replaced them with Goodyear Endurances. The one thing I HATE about Rving is sitting on the side the road changing a tire, but its going to happen.

I don't know about the 17, but the 15 has crappy skylights, both of mine cracked. They are super flimsy. I replaced them with Icons.

The 15 has a composite floor, I believe the 17 has a solid floor. Mines a little squishy, but does not bother me.

Same basic appliances as any other RV, had no problems.

Tow wise, I tow mine with a 250 and an equalizer, so I don't know its back there.

Would I buy it again? Probably not. But it is no worse than any other I've owned. I don't care what RV you buy, they are all money pits to some degree.
210craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote