Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2022, 10:10 AM   #1

2018 29rlds tv

I bought a used 2018 29RLDS that has the diagonal entertainment center next to the dinette. There is the built-in DVD/Radio/... The previous owner did not install a tv. I will be installing a tv but there is no obvious place to mount the tv mount. The wood behind the tv is the obvious spot, but there does not appear to be any bracing in place to hold the mount. I cannot find any info from Jayco on what the recommended procedure is for a tv here. I am looking for anyone that might have been in same situation.

I can obviously cut in to the back panel and install some bracing, but that seems a little extreme for what should already be there. Thanks for any info you might have.
jimpiersol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 10:56 AM   #2

I would try pushing on the paneling inside the tv opening. You should feel something solid somewhere. You could always install a piece of plywood that spans a couple studs then mount the tv to the plywood.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 10:01 AM   #3

Ya did that. There are no supports except on left and right edge of panel. Quite odd. Im guessing they just expect you to set the tv in the opening for use, then take down to travel.

I guess I will cut hole in center of panel and work some supports inside it.
jimpiersol is offline   Reply With Quote