Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2018, 10:14 AM   #21

Great news! Glad to hear so far, so good.
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:54 PM   #22

Towed it home last night and all was great again...so feeling much better now about the truck and trailer.

Couple added feedbacks...
- Love the clearance lights that act as turn signals...kinda cool
- Any idea how to turn on the 2 LED strips on the nose cap?
- Learning to basically hate the "on demand" hot water heater..wishing for a traditional one
- Amazed we have not added to our punch list. Quality is above my expectations so far...
- Outside fridge needs a lock/latch...ask me how I know...
- Not impressed with Furrion TV's...ok with remote but buttons on the side of one don't work all the time...minor...but I see Vizio's going in sooner rather than later

So far so good though...just love the room...going from a no slide 28' to a triple slide 32 is unreal...we LOVE it!

Greg
The old- 2001 Jayco Qwest
The new- 2018 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
vwprostock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:24 AM   #23

The nose cap LED lights should turn on by a switch located behind the battery on the inner part of the v frame . It took me a month to finally figure out how to turn mine on.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:17 PM   #24

Congrats! We have the same model but a 2017. It is truly a great floorplan. We have 2 girls and a big dog and we have plenty of room. My favorite things are the shower, quiet cool AC,counter space, the 2nd AC unit for front bedroom. Only thing I wish it had are the 16" tire upgrade. Other than that it is on point. Also the docking light switches are to the right above battery area. We came from a 314bhds and its amazing the improvement over that model even with it being a great model also. We are truly spoiled. Also keep an eye on the slide screws that hold the kitchen slide frame in. They over torqued a few of mine and the screw heads started to pop off. Also be sure your kitchen sink water lines are not leaking. My lines were a little loose and dripping on our first outing. I tightened them up and they have been good.
15BlueStreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:29 PM   #25

Yup...found the switched! Thank you both!
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
Old 04-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #26

So heres a crazy question. I have the loveseat/hide a bed in the main room.

Anyone have recliners they would want to swap out? Mine is the dark brown.

Thought I would throw it out there....
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
Old 04-07-2018, 06:32 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwprostock View Post
So heres a crazy question. I have the loveseat/hide a bed in the main room.

Anyone have recliners they would want to swap out? Mine is the dark brown.

Thought I would throw it out there....
We want to do the same thing or a reclining couch.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15BlueStreak View Post
We want to do the same thing or a reclining couch.
I havent looked real hard yet, but appears the Thomas Layne stuff is the most practical, but for some reason $1200 is pinching me wrong at the moment.

I know...quit whining...lol

Then what the hell do I do with a perfectly new hideabed??

Keep me posted if you find other solutions...
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
Old 04-07-2018, 08:20 PM   #29

Quote:
I havent looked real hard yet, but appears the Thomas Layne stuff is the most practical, but for some reason $1200 is pinching me wrong at the moment.

I know...quit whining...lol

Then what the hell do I do with a perfectly new hideabed??

Keep me posted if you find other solutions...
Our local jayce dealer has their open house next week. I am gonna check to see what they say. On jayco website it's a 225 dollar option to go to the theater recliner seats on our model of camper. It will be interesting to see what it costs after the fact. Probably around 800 I bet.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #30

We have a 324BHTS. We love it! The improvements since our model make it stellar. We pull with a 2500 suburban. It was too much for our 1500 p/u.
2 Golden Retrievers, Cooper & Claude
:campfire: :campfire:
Ewingfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:46 PM   #31

3rd trip update.

3 trips to our normal camp where we have power and thats it. Water is available up on a hill at one spigot. More on that later.

Love the hell out of this thing....I really do.

Learning I dont like the hard mattress so will upgrade that. Got my 32" tv mounted in bedroom. I wish I had a shelf for the sat reciever but thats for another day.

I added two more coax in connections on the rear supply box. One for my cell booster and one for possibly a 3rd reciever in bunkhouse down the road.

Odd thing...we get about 10 channels OTA but if you just turn on the Furion stereo, you lose half of them...odd.

The biggest thing that is just flat pissing me off is the hot water heater (Girard on demand). It was 50/50 on the first trip and only would kick on once out of 30 tries from any faucet this trip. What double pisses you off is you waste so much water. Luckily I have a 30 gal poly tank that I throw in my side by side and go fetch water....but I shouldn't need water at all on a 2 day trip, and went twice this trip to put water in.

Happened to meet the Service Manger of my dealer at the camp and he said he could make it work fine, but I am 99% already done and want an old school 6 gal Atwood and move on...so we shall see once I take it in for my punch list.

He claims air in the lines causes most issues, and I ran every faucet including the outside shower, forever, with no change in the POS.

Love the storage, love my outside kitchen...fridge and sink mostly and TV. Love the 2 AC units...love most things...hate that hot water heater!!!

Thats it for now I think!
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
Old 05-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #32

Spent some more time in our new rv and still love it.

Haven't sorted out the Girard yet....and the issue is worse now and I think the water pump is sucking air somewhere adding to the issue for sure.

I can't get he air out of the system, zero leaks anywhere, so leads me to believe its sucking air or the pump is failing.

I am nursing it until mid June as we are going to our cabin in Colorado without the RV so I will take it to the dealer then for a few other things and the water issue/hot water heater.

I didn't get rid of my 2001 and spend a pile of money to not be able to shower or do dishes...and its starting to wear on me, but also my issue for not taking it back yet.

I can't decide if I even give the Girard a chance or just jump now and have the dealer put a trusty Atwood in and move on....time will tell.

I have a spare Shurflo pump and a 30 gal poly tank so this weekend I am going to try and hook that up and act like I am on city water with a separete source and pump and see from there.

Greg
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
Old 05-22-2018, 04:58 AM   #33

Check to make sure your valves at the water pump are in the correct positions for using the pump. And that the city fill/tank fill valve is in the tank fill pos. When using pump. At least that's the way I leave it and have no air issues. I ha ve the same trailer. Valves need to be inline with the water pipes entering and leaving the pump. They cant be in the county fill or sanitize pos. Or any combination. This way you are sure to be drawing water from the tank.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:33 AM   #34

Quote:
Check to make sure your valves at the water pump are in the correct positions for using the pump. And that the city fill/tank fill valve is in the tank fill pos. When using pump. At least that's the way I leave it and have no air issues. I ha ve the same trailer. Valves need to be inline with the water pipes entering and leaving the pump. They cant be in the county fill or sanitize pos. Or any combination. This way you are sure to be drawing water from the tank.
I know the outside valve is on tank, not city, but good point on the others.

I looked in the cubby hole at the lines and honestly didn't know what those two small ball valves were for, and I was in there a while back adding two more coax inputs into that area, so certainly could have movd one unknowingly.

Any easy way to describe what position those two valves should be for me? Certainly more lines in there than my 2001! LOL.
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
Old 05-22-2018, 07:59 AM   #35

Quote:
I know the outside valve is on tank, not city, but good point on the others.

I looked in the cubby hole at the lines and honestly didn't know what those two small ball valves were for, and I was in there a while back adding two more coax inputs into that area, so certainly could have movd one unknowingly.

Any easy way to describe what position those two valves should be for me? Certainly more lines in there than my 2001! LOL.
Here are some pics from the manual. Pages to note are 116,117,118. Gives you the positions to use for various modes of use.
Attached Thumbnails
20180522_095409.jpg   20180522_095351.jpg  
Old 05-22-2018, 08:06 AM   #36

Sorry here is a better pic of the first one. The photo labeled Normal (city water) is the position. The valves should be in once you have filled the tank using the pressure fill method or the country fill method.
Attached Thumbnails
20180522_100345.jpg  
Old 05-22-2018, 05:59 PM   #37

Finally took our 2018 324BHTS out for our first trip on mother's day weekend. Only major issue encountered was the fridge/freezer would not stay cold anytime outside temps rose above 80 degrees. Items in freezer actually began to thaw out. Called Norcold directly after we returned home, they had me check a few things, and then determined it needed warranty service. Gave me a list of authorized service centers to choose from, and I had a tech at my house 2 days later. It was eventually diagnosed that the thermostat (also called a thermister I believe) was faulty. It was replaced, and I now have an ice cold fridge/freezer! Hooray!! So far, so good with everything else. Jayco did replace all of my fiberglass front cap decals a month ago after they began peeling off. Jayco warranty was a breeze to deal with, even allowed me to have my local sign shop do the decal replacement rather than make the 2 hour trip back to the dealer (paid them directly). The few other issues, which I considered minor, I repaired myself.
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:40 PM   #38

Quote:
Sorry here is a better pic of the first one. The photo labeled Normal (city water) is the position. The valves should be in once you have filled the tank using the pressure fill method or the country fill method.
Thanks a ton, and my book is in the RV but RV is parked on the Red River and I am typing from a work trip in St. Louis.

Crazy question, is there a diffrerence in "Pressure fill" versus "Country Fill"??

Based ont he blue paddle valve outside, isn't there only two choices, fill the tank, or run on city water pressure??

The valves in the pics shouldn't need messed with on day to day operation between running off the tank versus running off of city hook up correct? The valves int he pic are for flushing and sanitizing the system annually right?

Sorry for the questions in the book, but I am bored in a hotel...LOL.
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
Old 05-23-2018, 07:04 AM   #39

Quote:
Thanks a ton, and my book is in the RV but RV is parked on the Red River and I am typing from a work trip in St. Louis.

Crazy question, is there a diffrerence in "Pressure fill" versus "Country Fill"??

Based ont he blue paddle valve outside, isn't there only two choices, fill the tank, or run on city water pressure??

The valves in the pics shouldn't need messed with on day to day operation between running off the tank versus running off of city hook up correct? The valves int he pic are for flushing and sanitizing the system annually right?

Sorry for the questions in the book, but I am bored in a hotel...LOL.

Take a look closely at the photos for country fill you will notice the valves are tuned so you will suck water with the pump from the sanitize/winterize hose then discharging into the tank. Then when using pressure fill the valve for the suction hose is turned toward the pump then the discharge valve is turned to allow water into tank. This may be optional as the water would make it to tank whether this valve is turned or not. Just study the pics and manual and look at valve orientation and it will all make sense. Pretty much the direction the valve handle is facing is the way water will flow through the valve. Jayco also has the manuals online for your viewing pleasure if you're bored. Lol
Old 05-24-2018, 09:05 PM   #40

Update- got to the RV this evening and checked the valves and they were all in the proper position.

Got to listening more and more and it seemed to be sucking air in when the pump was running at the city fill port with that valve in the "Tank Fill" position.

I put a simple cap on that inlet on the back of the RV and the issue seems to be 85% resolved...at least the turd Girard is back to working 70% of the time, where it had dropped down to none of the time and throwing an E9 code on the wall.

So....must have an issue with that valve, we shall see how it works the rest of the weekend! At least I can go shower now...I hope...its hot and sticky here in TX!

Have a great holiday weekend and thanks for the input!

Greg
2018 F-150 Ecoboost