Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2018, 12:41 PM   #41

So frustration post of the week.

My cap on the inlet line helped but not great...hot water heater would work 50% of the time.

I then ran it more off of my portable tank and totally seperate shurflo pump...seemed better....but then when it was go time for a shower...not hot water, E9 code, about punched the controller through the wall.

So we have some down time, a cabin trip in July, too hot to ride dirt bikes, etc and decided to take it into the dealer for a few VERY minor items, and the dirt rotten hot water heater.

I also then wrote a letter to Jayco, simply outlining my experiences, frustration, etc and just got a letter back stating they would not help in any way swap the water heater to a tank style.

I did not ask for free, simply felt that since I could shower anytime in my 2001 Qwest, I made an apparently absurd statement that I should be able to do the same things in my $40K plus RV as I did reliably in my $2500 2001....I must be mistaken.

So...we shall see what the dealer says....of course the POS fired right up every time sitting on the Service Drive of the dealer...

Greg
The old- 2001 Jayco Qwest
The new- 2018 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
vwprostock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:28 AM   #42

Well...supposed to pick up my trailer this week. Of course the Girard worked perfect for them, as it did for me on their service drive.

The only other "real" issue was two ofmy interior speakers did not work from day one, so assuming they fixed that.

Jayco told me to take a hike on swapping the hot water heater to a tank style. So..we shall see how this goes. Love the trailer, but maybe they will realize I have dealt with state laws and things like "Significantly reduces value or use of the vehicle", but hopefully it does not come to that. I still contend, I could shower whenever I wanted in my 2001, and should be able to do the same in my 2018...not asking for the moon.

Looking forward to getting back into it and using it!

Greg
The old- 2001 Jayco Qwest
The new- 2018 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
vwprostock is offline   Reply With Quote