Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2018, 02:16 PM   #1

2018 330RSTS - Exterior Flashing/Trim Question

Hello all, my husband and I are upgrading from a 2009 Montana Mountaineer 32PRD to a new 2018 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS. I have a question about the flashing on the exterior of the trailer when the slides are retracted, and I hope one of y’all can help me out. Here are the photos that I took at the dealer yesterday.

[IMG=https://m.imgur.com/IiaInqs][/IMG]

This is the passenger side of the trailer, the slide that includes the dinette and the two recliners. As you can see, when the slide is retracted the trim around the wheelwell does not match up with that on the trailer side, and sticks out. This is concerning to me as it will suck wind right into there, increasing the chances of wind damage. Is this normal for this trailer? The reason this is particularly concerning to me is because I have done three cross-country trips in my current rig, including dealing with October winds in South Dakota, one year which ripped the flashing off the bottom of my trailer. I’m looking to avoid any sort of this weakness that I can on my new one!

This is the driver side of the trailer, the slide that includes the kitchen and entertainment center. The center of the wheelwell trim is bowed out, but this is likely a simple fix of straightening/reattaching the support underneath it.

I’m going to be stopping by the dealer on Friday, and our trade-in and delivery are scheduled for April 21st. I will be asking them to deal with these two items on the exterior, as well as confirm that the slides are sealing properly, as well as adding some tie-downs to the interior (we’re replacing the dinette with a bank of dog crates). If anyone has feedback on these items, or any others I should keep an eye out for, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!
alegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:42 AM   #2

Sorry. Can't see pictures.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:24 PM   #3

Pictures didn't come through for some reason, but it sounds like the same thing we have on our Pinnacle.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #4

Oops, I reposted and this is a duplicate thread. . Sorry, mods!

I”m not sure why the photos aren’t showing - they’re hosted on imgur and I used the img tags to insert them. I don’t think they’re showing on my other thread either, the FAQ said something about early posts by new members with links having trouble so maybe that’s the problem.
alegria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
330rsts, exterior, slides