Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2018, 04:22 PM   #1

2018 Jay Feather 25BH

We finally bit the bullet and bought a trailer. Ended up getting a 2018 Jay Feather 25BH. The layout was nice for us and seemed to be a good end product from what I could tell. Anything we need to know since we are novice trailer owners..? Pulled lots of big boats and enclosed trailers so that should be hard to get used to. TV is a 2016 Toyota Tundra w/ 5.7 and air bags. Supposed to pick it up from PDI Friday and heading out Saturday to do some camping. Any information is appreciated.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
We finally bit the bullet and bought a trailer. Ended up getting a 2018 Jay Feather 25BH. The layout was nice for us and seemed to be a good end product from what I could tell. Anything we need to know since we are novice trailer owners..? Pulled lots of big boats and enclosed trailers so that should be hard to get used to. TV is a 2016 Toyota Tundra w/ 5.7 and air bags. Supposed to pick it up from PDI Friday and heading out Saturday to do some camping. Any information is appreciated.
Register your warrantee asap, notify jayco in email if you have any issue aince the warantee is kind a a sham no dealers close to me are willing to take their warrantee service apt.

Only thing I have experience with jayco is.

AC water leak inside after a year
Due to dirty water in consenser drain

Mold of all kinds under canopy if even wet by humidity

Fridge buttons fail after a year

Exterior popout murphy beds leaked like theres no tomorrow.

But mostly all covered by warantee if you can wait the year it took to get parts.
2019 - Jayco - JayFeather SLX 174BH
enri1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by enri1982 View Post
Register your warrantee asap, notify jayco in email if you have any issue aince the warantee is kind a a sham no dealers close to me are willing to take their warrantee service apt.

Only thing I have experience with jayco is.

AC water leak inside after a year
Due to dirty water in consenser drain

Mold of all kinds under canopy if even wet by humidity

Fridge buttons fail after a year

Exterior popout murphy beds leaked like theres no tomorrow.

But mostly all covered by warantee if you can wait the year it took to get parts.
Seems like we have a pretty good warranty spot from the dealer we bought from, hopefully we do not have to use it very much.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:50 PM   #4

Use a checklist before taking delivery. Google it.
nighthawk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:59 AM   #5

Same one I bought a couple months ago. This is my 2nd RV and I only used my first RV once before trading it in on this one. I bought it at the York, PA RV show and being on display they most likely made sure everything was in order. The dealer submitted the warranty for me and signed me up for KOA. Last weekend we took our first trip with it and have no issues so far. You might want to get a topper for the queen sized bed, the mattress alone is too firm for me. My 2013 F-150 w/5.0 really has to downshift going up hills at highway speeds, otherwise is fine. Hope you like yours.
Tim15856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:43 PM   #6

We have a 17 25bh and it has been good to us. We only brought it back for the light recall. As stated before, look for a pdi list. I would check every door and cabinet to ensure that they open and close correctly. Check all appliances. Be sure that they all operate correctly on gas and electric. Run all faucets and look for leaks at all of the fittings. Check all outside baggage doors to be sure that the doors seal good so no water gets in as well as the locks are working correctly. Run the slide in and out. Don't be afraid to stay there for a few hours to go over everything. Ask tons of questions. Climb on the roof and inspect that. If possible, ask if they can install a maxair vent for the bathroom vent. I think all rvs should have this as standard. You are spending hard earned money on this so don't let them rush you through the walk through so if something needs to be fixed or adjusted they can do it there so a trip back to the dealer can be avoided. Before you leave, be sure that all tires, including the spare, are all inflated to the correct pressure. If one seems much lower than the others, inspect it as it may have a nail in it like mine did. Good luck.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:52 AM   #7

So first trip out and we had some learning experiences, but overall it went well. Going to pack up this morning and get everything put away, getting the stabilizer bars on and out the power jack all the way up and we lose all power to the entire trailer, no jack power no interior lights. Checked all the fuses and breakers, all good. Checked the in line fuse for the electric jack and it’s also good. Where do I go from here???
Old 05-28-2018, 11:26 AM   #8

Check the circuit protector mounted on the frame where the 12v comes from the battery. I added a battery to my Jay Feather 23RL and found the positive connector wire to the battery slipped right out of the crimp Jayco provided...musta been the same guy who plumbed it.
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblast523 View Post
Check the circuit protector mounted on the frame where the 12v comes from the battery. I added a battery to my Jay Feather 23RL and found the positive connector wire to the battery slipped right out of the crimp Jayco provided...musta been the same guy who plumbed it.
There is a 30 fuse right there and I guess I blew it over extending the electric jack... Lesson learned.