Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-18-2017, 09:26 PM   #1

2018 Jay Flight 28BHS

Was wondering if anyone has picked up the new 28BHS, has one on order or has looked through one in person?

I am really liking this new floor plan. I believe the previous 28BHS floor plan was discontinued in 2015.

We currently have a 2016 Jay Flight 26BH elite with all the goodies available that we have enjoyed so much in the last two seasons that we would like something a little bigger with a slide.

We were originally looking at a ‘17 Jay Flight 29QBS, but that was “dealer stock only” when we started looking and could not find one with the options we wanted. Then we started to looking at the 28BHBE very seriously when Jayco released the 2018 Jay Flight line-up reintroducing the 28BHS. This was a game changer for us. It has the outdoor kitchen that is covered by the awning, and the sofa is directly in front of the TV, a large U shaped dinette and a little more counter space in the kitchen. It also has the large shower with glass doors. It has a lot of room in the main area. So many plus’s in my mind that works for our family and our needs. Seems like a very efficient design. It also appears that this model is also coming with the Furrion camera prep instead of just the “Pre-Wired” for a camera.

We took a trip to the Hershey show back in September with hopes to see one in person but it was too new for Jayco to get one there in time. Jayco also indicated that they believe that this model will be a top seller.

I have been checking online and RVTrader everyday for the past two months in hopes to see one show up at a dealer close to me so we could see it in person, but nothing yet.

So I would love to hear any thoughts on this new floor plan especially if anyone has purchased one and has had a chance to use it as well as from people who maybe had a chance to walk through one.

Thank you in Advance for your feedback.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 10:14 PM   #2

Looks like a very useable layout. Not sure if I love the entrance door beside the bunks, but I suppose that if the adults are out late they can always come in through the master bedroom door.
GrumpyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyDad View Post
Looks like a very useable layout. Not sure if I love the entrance door beside the bunks, but I suppose that if the adults are out late they can always come in through the master bedroom door.

Great point!

I do like that the main door is right across from the bathroom so there is no tracking through the TT to get to it unlike our current TT. I did call a dealer a while back and ask if the bathroom was still accessible when the slide was all the way in. They confirmed that it is. That will make it nice for those pit stops while traveling. They did however say that the inside door to the front bedroom would be blocked by the slide, but I guess that is where the 2nd door comes in handy.

I have yet to see any pictures of this unit inside it or out with the slide all the way in.

Jayco also utilized the space behind the television for additional storage, this is the best picture I could find so far (courtesy of Ocean Grove):

There is also a shoe garage under this cabinet system by the main door. No more tripping over shoes[emoji4].

And here is the storage under the television:

Cheers [emoji482]

Old 11-19-2017, 08:01 AM   #4
Site Team

Definitely a upgrade from the original 28 BHS floorplan we had for 7 years. The TV location in that one was horrible, being in a cabinet over the booth, you had to crane your neck to view it. The large slide is nice too over the small sofa slide.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:50 PM   #5

I like the entertainment center across from the dinette and couch but not sure I like the entry door into the bedroom. When I'm relaxing outside, I think most of my trips inside are to grab something (food or non-food) stored in my kitchen and dinette area ,not the bedroom.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
I like the entertainment center across from the dinette and couch but not sure I like the entry door into the bedroom. When I'm relaxing outside, I think most of my trips inside are to grab something (food or non-food) stored in my kitchen and dinette area ,not the bedroom.
That's why I like my 28BHBE.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #7

We just bought the 29bhdb and love it. It added a half bath. The price wasn't much different either...
bmwilliams2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #8

Curious if anyone here on the forum has purchased one of these yet??

They still seem to be showing up online at different dealers across the US. None near me yet though.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:27 PM   #9

A couple of my own thoughts based on real world experience. I have the older floor plan of the 28BHS.

Although most floor plans have gone this way, I am not a fan of the big double slides which have the dinette and the 2 person couch side by side. I love the fact that my dinette is across from the 3 person couch - it makes more of a "living room" scenario when talking with people. You can actually face each other instead of what some have referred to as "bus stop seating".

If you have really young kids, those bunk beds on the new floor plan will be a nightmare. If all that separates the kids (that are supposed to be sleeping) from the adults (who are watching TV and having a few drinks) is a retractable curtain, you will certainly be spied on and have a hell of a time getting them to settle.

My trailer essentially has the same rear end as your 26BH and being able to section off that rear third is so necessary with little ones. We installed removable bunk railings that keep them contained and they sleep great while we have use of the rest of the trailer at night. We brush teeth in the kitchen sink so we don't have to disturb them.

All in all, this looks like a good floor plan - I love the 80in queen bed! Wish mine had that.

All this trailer talk has got me seriously depressed that the season is over.... 58 great nights this year! After this season ended my little boy had spent approx 30% of his life in our trailer. Start em young!
Old 11-30-2017, 03:18 PM   #10

We actually just ordered ours. Our local dealership has one in stock and we saw it in person a couple of weeks ago. Once we saw the layout in person we fell in love with it. Our son is a bit older (he just turned 12) and only having the curtains to separate the living from his sleeping area won't be a problem. When we are camping he is usually up just as late as us and if he isn't he's wiped out and doesn't hear us anyway.

We know this because we currently own a pop up and we set the tv up just outside his bedroom.

We are really looking forward to start using ours come camping season next year
carlamacewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #11

Awesome, congrats! What will you be towing it with?
Old 11-30-2017, 11:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBound View Post
Awesome, congrats! What will you be towing it with?
A 2016 Ford F-150 3.6L with the Ecoboost option
carlamacewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:50 AM   #13

Some pictures finally showed up on the world wide interwebs of this unit with the slide in!! (Courtesy of Richardson’s RV)

Cheers! [emoji482]

Old 12-06-2017, 02:56 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Very nice ..... although, i would prefer the layout of the SLX version. We were in that one and really liked it ..... trailer length in driveway was what stopped us from having it sitting in our driveway today I would have to have both sitting side by side, but i would think the cabinet design on the SLX would bring more open living space. The entertainment center on both units across from the sofa is a major plus. As someone mentioned, and it would not be an issue for us, as our kids are grown up and no longer camp ( they'll be back) ..... no seperation between kids and adults at night
Old 12-08-2017, 05:33 AM   #15

Similar to our bhsw. But our second door opens right into bathroom which is great. I like the kitchen layout better on this one and the bunk opening looks to be wider than ours. Minus the furniture material everything else seems to be about the same as our 2017.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tags
2018, 28 bhs, 28bhs, jay flight, jayco