Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2019, 02:43 PM   #1

2018 Jay Flight 31QBDS Water on Floor

Looking for suggestions on this issue:

The trailer is only occupied on some weekends. For the second time in a row, after turning on the AC, we have a small pool of water on the floor at the base of the wall between the shower and the living area. This wall has the AC thermostat on it. When the water appears we have not used the shower, sink or toilet. We think it's from AC condensation but the dealer service center says no way. We are not close to any dealer so we haven't had the time to haul the trailer to one. The water has been turned on for a couple of months so it can't be a leak or there would be water there all the time. What's weird is it happens only the first time the AC is turned on. Even though the AC continues to run for the rest of the weekend, no additional water appears. Anyone have any suggestions?
doubledee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:48 PM   #2

The condensation will run down the side of the roof to a gutter an on out. I couldn't even fathom the wires were run such that the condensation is somehow traveling down the t-stat wire or it would have shorted out by now. I agree with dealer, slim to no chance it's from a/c condensation. Besides if it was you would see water all the time
Good luck with that one, I have no ideas
Old 02-17-2019, 04:37 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum.

Since it has repeated, before you leave (or before turning on the AC), try putting some paper towels in a couple of areas near the 'pool' area to see if you find a path from some other source.

Very odd. Good luck.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Since it has repeated, before you leave (or before turning on the AC), try putting some paper towels in a couple of areas near the 'pool' area to see if you find a path from some other source.

Very odd. Good luck.
I’ll give that a try
Old 02-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #5

Midnightmoon quick buy a Hamlin and Busch diecast!!
Old 02-17-2019, 06:19 PM   #6

Dang it wrong one again!!
Old 02-17-2019, 10:27 PM   #7

Take a look at the toilet fitting. I had a similar leak in my trailer when it was new and it turned out to be where the water line connected to the toilet. I disconnected the water line and replaced the washer and it has been fine ever since.
rgardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:53 PM   #8

I bought this trailer April 2018 and used it first time May 2018 and noticed right away AC was not able to keep trailer cool(Dometic 15k) even though temperatures were in low 80's and overcast. After first night with AC running constantly, woke up in morning with little pool of water directly underneath AC unit. Took to dealer after trip and it was determined defective and waited on new unit from Jayco.

Have you removed that little panel on wall between bathroom and hall? Just removed top piece of trim and it slides right up. You can see connections for shower faucet and see if any leaks. I know this because my faucet had to be replaced.
54camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #9

Solved

My son found the issue and wasn’t coming from the AC. As it turns out, it was when the water was turned on to the trailer. That initial pressure caused the water connectors on the back of the tub to leak, then amazingly they wouldn’t leak anymore. He always turned on the AC first then he would turn on the water which led us to believe it was coming from the AC. Both of the water connections were loose, tightening them solved the issue.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:30 PM   #10

Thanks for letting everyone know.

IIRC, a few folks here have encountered similar 'initial water pressure' leak issues just in a different place.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:40 AM   #11

glad he found source
54camping is offline   Reply With Quote