Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2022, 08:44 PM   #1

2018 Jayco 175RD Furnace issue

Me and my wife recently purchased our travel trailer and went on our first outing over the weekend. It got super cold the first night and I go to turn on the furance at the thermostat and adjust the temp and it turns on fine and you can hear the fan blowing cold air for about 30 seconds and then it just shuts off. If I adjust the Temperature it will kick back on everytime but shut off 30 seconds later ��. I'm brand new to camping in a travel trailer so any advice would be amazing
Attached Thumbnails
20220416_110328.jpg  
T.clark21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 09:21 PM   #2
Site Team

If our furnace hasn't been run in quite a while or at all yet, it'll take 3 or 4 tries before the propane gets to the furnace to keep it lit. The 30 second run of the fan is normal. At this time the fan operates the sail switch, which activates the gas valve. The igniter then lights the gas, and it fires up.

A way to help the propane get flowing, is light a burner on the stove.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 10:31 PM   #3

Maybe I'll try that cause I know after the second or 3rd try I just gave up. I'll try lighting the stove and then giving it another if not luck maybe I'll lean towards the sail switch
T.clark21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 06:05 AM   #4

Hi I have a 2018 Jayco SLX 195RB and we are experiencing the heat issues as it was used for the first time last weekend. It worked fine and ran and seemed to heat up to the temp I set it at(70deg). We then shut everything down and went fishing. When we came back that evening it wouldn't come back on at all. I also tried using the hot water heater for the first time. The pilot lights and stays lit but no blower. The thermostat/furnace will turn on once I reset the switch but either kicks the switch back to off or it will kick on and off every so many seconds. The stove lights and runs steady(both burners) I have removed the sail switch to look at it and it was nice and shiny with no debris or anything on it. Any ideas on something like this. We bought this from Camper World here in Greenwood, IN and have had nothing but problems with them. This is a dometic furnace.
jduty44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:00 AM   #5

Good point on the stove lite first, really works!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote