Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2019, 11:55 PM   #1

2018 Jayco 32bhds

Hey guys, just recently purchased my new Jayco travel trailer. We went thru walk thru to find out that unit was not de-winterize. Is there any special steps that I have to do? I can not locate water pump, is there some switch that needs to be turned on-off on water pump? Where is water pump located?
Thank you so much, looking forward to great camping season
lupiga76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:07 AM   #2

Hi! We just went through this on our 2019 32BHDS, don't stress, it is easy!

Couple of options:

Are you planning on using the gravity fill for the freshwater tanks, located outside under the kitchen window, or the city water connection located on the left rear near your power connection?

City water connection: make sure you have pressure regulator installed. The water pressure here is all you need to flush the lines.

Your pump is located under the kitchen sink, and the pump power switch is located in the same panel your main slide switch, awning switch, and overhead light switches are. The pump may be covered by a flimsy panel in a strange attempt to make this area look nicer for your trash can.

Your pump is looking for fluid from one of two places, depending on how you set the valve (1/4 turn? I don't remember?) If it is set in the winterization position, it wants to suck fluid from the short open ended hose that you would stick in a bucket of antifreeze.

In the other position, it is looking to draw fluid from your freshwater tanks, this is the position you want to be in for everyday use. Most valves are set up so the lever is in line with the path of the fluid, so just make sure you aren't in line with the short hose for winterizing.

Make sure your water heater bypass lines are set to not allow fluid into the water heater until you are done flushing the system. These are accessed by an access panel across from the bathroom door, about hip level at the hallway closet. There should be four screws holding the panel on. Same rules apply here for the valve handle and fluid flow path.

After the pump is on and the tanks have enough water, there isnt much to it besides letting the water run through each hot/cold faucet, dont forget the shower, outside kitchen, and outside shower.

Once the lines are clean, and you have plugged your hot water heater at the outside access panel, you can set your hot water tank bypass valves to normal operation, that should fill that tank and you are good to go.
LawnFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #3

Congratulations on the new TT! You'll see from my signature that I have the same camper too.

LawnFlamingo has done a great and through job of answering your question on de-winterizing!

As I've shared with LawnFlamingo in his thread do go through ALL of your plumbing connections and verify that they are solid and secure. I've had several water leaks that were very frustrating.

What is your tow vehicle and what did you choose for a weight distribution/anti-sway system?

Enjoy your new TT. It's a great floor plan and, for us, a great home away from home!

Send pictures!

Cheers.

2017 Jay Flight 32BHDS
2006 GMC 2500HD Classic CC SB 4x4 6.6L Duramax/Allison
Vasquez Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:11 AM   #4

Hey! Congratulations on your new JayFlight and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote